Whats on your Christmas list?

CorbLand

WKR
I came here for inspiration on what to put on the list for my wife to get me for Christmas. I was shocked on the blaspheming against pumpkin pie! There is nothing better than pumpkin pie with whipped cream for breakfast the Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving.
I can name one thing better than that...get that pumpkin pie out of the pan, put it on a plate, pile a healthy dose of whipped cream on it, grab a fork, sit down at the table, stand up and finally dump it right into the trash can.

My wifes favorite brand of kitchen knives were on sale so I bought her a few more of those. So thats what she is getting.

Blacktocomm

Lil-Rokslider
I got more junk than I know what to do with.

I’ll take the 300 acres for sale up the road from me with a nice cabin. Place is loaded with wildlife. It’s only $2 million!

If that’s too much to ask then an Arizona Elk tag.
Only $2M - you must not be in Montana or Wyoming. o_O

Pumpkin is like rhubarb. It is a food that you have to do so much to in order to make it edible.
Even the homely oyster can be eaten right out of its wrapper. Give me a couple dozen raw oysters, some Tabasco, and a couple of brews and I’m way happier than having a pumpkin pie.
(We have oyster stew on Christmas Eve)

Like others have said, gifts that come from thought mean much more than something I could go buy. Years ago, my wife heard me casually mention that my old rattling horns were starting to get beat up and dull. The comment could not have any way been directed toward my wife, as I would never expert her to try to replace something like that for me.

She got to work, and ordered a new set of antlers from someone online, wouldn't let me go in the garage for a day while she had the antlers in a vice and was drilling the cord holes, and then gave me the new rattling horns for Christmas.

Best gift I've ever received. Hands down.

DoctorJJ

FNG
I, seriously, sent my wife a text saying I wanted 400 pairs of scissors and nothing else. You may wonder why, well, it’s because no matter how many pair I have/buy, her and the kids have used them and put them somewhere I can’t find when I need them.

Mojave

WKR
Well, just moved overseas.

As the only financial provider in this outfit, I have never been sure how to work Christmas out.

So I am chipping away at Christmas for myself.

I got my German hunting license yesterday. So I am good until March of 2026. Between mandatory insurance, membership to a hunting club, and the license itself I am into this endeavor $500. I found a lease about an hour away for 2000 Euros, and I am hoping to get on it.

So there is quite a bit of Christmas in all that.

Then comes a rifle safe about 1400 Euros delivered, and a rifle which will be about $600, for a 9,3x64 I found that I like in production 98 Mauser. I also want to get a 222 Rem 20 Gauge combination for hunting grouse, and a single shot rifle in 7x65R and eventually a side by side shotgun for driven mallard and pheasant hunts. That all stacks up.

Of course then there are more hunts, and more equpment, and it gets to be a lot.

The only thing I am asking the family for is a Saufanger. Which is a big knife used for dispatching wildboars. So I have something under the tree. It is important to the kids.

As the only financial provider in this outfit, I have never been sure how to work Christmas out.

I got my German hunting license yesterday. So I am good until March of 2026. Between mandatory insurance, membership to a hunting club, and the license itself I am into this endeavor $500. I found a lease about an hour away for 2000 Euros, and I am hoping to get on it.

Then comes a rifle safe about 1400 Euros delivered, and a rifle which will be about $600, for a 9,3x64 I found that I like in production 98 Mauser. I also want to get a 222 Rem 20 Gauge combination for hunting grouse, and a single shot rifle in 7x65R and eventually a side by side shotgun for driven mallard and pheasant hunts. That all stacks up.

Of course then there are more hunts, and more equpment, and it gets to be a lot.

The only thing I am asking the family for is a Saufanger. Which is a big knife used for dispatching wildboars. So I have something under the tree. It is important to the kids.

You need a hunting Go Fund Me page
with a Sarah McLachlan song
I’ll contribute $$

Blacktocomm

Lil-Rokslider

Whoa - I am the sole provider (although my wife staying at home with kids isn't easy) and we are about to move overseas too!

I'm going to land in the UK, so not sure if I am just going to pay to play - or try and do the whole song and dance of firearms license and private land hunts. Are you in Germany or just hunting in Germany while living elsewhere?

Afhunter1

WKR
I love pumpkin pie, what I hate this time of year is all the people saying try my deer bologna “I make best you ever had.” Then they hand it to you and it has that crap cheese in it 🤮

Those people should be rounded up and put on their own disgusting little island.

Cheese does not go in bologna!

Mojave

WKR
Nope in Germany. Sending you a PM>
I love pumpkin pie, what I hate this time of year is all the people saying try my deer bologna “I make best you ever had.” Then they hand it to you and it has that crap cheese in it 🤮

Those people should be rounded up and put on their own disgusting little island.

Cheese does not go in bologna!
yes it does it is called kasebockwurst. Or kasefleischkase

kevlar88

Lil-Rokslider

@Mojave Put those VAT forms to use and if they still do the junger Jäger program at Frankonia it's a hell of a deal. I was able to pick up a safe at bauhaus for a reasonable price, again use your VAT forms. Any chance you're around Baumholder or Ramstein? If so I may still have some contacts for you to reach out to.
Merry Christmas