What’s your nemesis?

cnelk

WKR
My nemesis is turkey hunting.

Sure I’ve killed a couple, one with a bow and one with a shotgun. But that pales in comparison to how many times I’ve hunted them and how much $$$ I’ve spent over the years.

Just can’t seem to get over that ‘turkey hump’. :)

Right now it’s hunting Mt Caribou with my bow. 7 hunts so far, no Mt Caribou with the bow yet. That said it took many DIY hunts to get a CO bighorn and a BC Stone with the bow. BC grizzly was a tough one too. So there is hope on the Mt Caribou! And heck, I’m having great fun hunting them!

Ducks......I've got thousand invested into dogs, boats, calls, and gear. All my vacation time goes to duck hunting. And I can get beat out by a band of high school kids set up 100 yards from me....everytime.

Granted.....my goal is to work a flock of birds, circle them, pick drakes, get them backpeddaling with feet down, and kill them dead. Feet up on the water.

Putting together a strap of 7 QUALITY drakes escapes me after many seasons. Been close....but not quite.

Oh...has to be on Public land unguided.

Not animal related, because I don’t have enough mishaps with a particular species. Wet feet have really plagued me the past few seasons. I have yet to find that perfect boot that is stiff and waterproof. If I had to pick a species it would be pronghorn with a bow. I’m not patient enough to sit water or good enough with a bow past 60.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
A true “trophy” monster bull moose. I’ve gotten some nice ones and some delicious younger ones but never connected on something say ~ 67” or something like that.

Maybe this year.

Cml5895

FNG
Eastern coyotes! I have killed 11 over 4 years of hunting them hard. Smartest damn things out here. For every coyote killed I imagine I put in 8+ hours of calling on sits with nothing going or being put through the ringer.