What’s your rifle weigh?

Seekins Havak Element in 28 Nosler. Rifle alone weighs 5.7 lbs and that's with two QD mounts, a sling swivel stud, detachable magazine, an impressively stiff stock, and a fairly heavy contour on the barrel. With real rings, a Leupold Mark 5 scope, and a suppressor it's just 8.7 lbs. Pretty amazing for the price. View attachment 213661
this may be the coolest stock setup i have seen... i dig it! pretty hard to top that for a do all rifle, and there is something about a stainless spiral fluted barrel...

5RWill

FNG
Top (6.5 SAUM) is 10lbs without the bipod. Bottom (7SS) is 11lbs without the bipod. Working on sourcing a tikka t3 6cm build that should be around 8lbs once assembled.
IMG_0522.jpg

LBuchser

WKR
Lets be honest, if you want real rifle weights, then weigh them the exact way you carry them - not just posting a bare rifle weight. I appreciate the guys that add the slings, sunshades, flips covers, scope covers, dope cards, stock packs with extra rounds for those that need it, bi-pods, ammo, rifle covers, etc. There are no prizes in this game. The guy with the lightest rifle, shooting a .338 - does not win in my book. Hell, I could have saved 11oz by switching from a VX6HD to a Leupold VX 3i or some other lower magnification or fixed power scope, but I chose my scope because it seemed to balance the rifle really well, I enjoy the clarity, I like the magnification range, illumination, CDS, locking windage/elevation knobs, integrated caps, and warranty. I also didn't need to add a 4.5oz muzzle brake on it, but it sure makes it more enjoyable to shoot, which promotes more practice and therefore efficiency with your rifle and helps a person avoid creating a flinch, thus maintain good fundamentals - so one might say adding that 4.5oz is a win! Sunshade is 2.1oz that I could save. Flip Caps are +/- 4oz that aren't needed but sure help with keeping my lenses clean and clear. If you add those up that's over 1lb 5oz. That could put me into the 6.5lb range - but the negative effect it would have on that rifle is much greater than the added carry weight of it - Therefore, I'm happy to be sitting at 7lbs 15.9 ounces.

Its fun to post pics and numbers, I love looking at everyone's guns.
I am not taking anything at all away from the OP's thread or anyone who posted! I'm posting too.
My whole point is this - Having the lightest or even a super lightweight setup does not translate to a hunters efficiency at all. Weight is only a factor among many others!

In 90% of gear, there is a huge diminishing return on investment when upgrading your gear to save ounces or grams. And like many have said, It's much easier to pass on that cheeseburger, Redbull, or when you pull up to Starbucks and order that quad long shot grande in a venti cup, half calf double cupped, no sleeve, salted caramel mocha latte, with 2 pumps of vanilla, substitute 2 pumps of white chocolate mocha for mocha and substitute 2 pumps of hazelnut for toffee nut, half whole milk and half breve with whipped cream, extra hot, extra foam, extra caramel drizzle, extra salt, add a scoop of vanilla bean powder, with light ice, well stirred (look it up, its real and I'll walk out and slash your tires if you order that in front of me).

This is just the setup I enjoy.
Proof Glacier Ti. 300 PRC
7lbs 15.9oz. Starting load development in February when ADG brass comes available again.

Glacier Ti.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Browning about 2 in 7mmwsm with boss system and Zeiss conquest 3x9 x 40 Mc weighs in at 8.5 lbs.
Also have a semi custom boat paddle Ruger m77 30 06 Ai with a 19 inch barrel and leuplod 2x8 x 36 weighs in under 7.5 lbs.

Dust1n

FNG
7.45lbs
Savage Axis .243win

I’ll be upgrading my scope to save an additional 4oz before season opener

Attachments

• B3058182-115D-4A28-B817-0C2ACAA57F2A.jpeg
    B3058182-115D-4A28-B817-0C2ACAA57F2A.jpeg
    208.5 KB · Views: 58
  • B6BA751E-3D8D-489D-845D-F69673DC5FD4.jpeg
    B6BA751E-3D8D-489D-845D-F69673DC5FD4.jpeg
    304.1 KB · Views: 55
I'll play. Kimber Montana 7-08, VX2 2-7X33 with Lewey bases and rings, and 4 rounds. 6# 0.7oz. Probably squeak in just under 6# if I traded out to Talley Lightweights. Sorry for the shitty photo.

20190928_182127 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:

iHunt*

Lil-Rokslider
That’s a sweet rifle as well, I just love the ergo’s of the Xbolt. This Pro has exceeded my expectations. After the barrel break in, I placed three shots center bullseye, all shots touching sub moa @ 100 yrds.

I also have the first gen Pro I think they called the Xbolt Carbon Fiber long range. It’s a lot heavier with the medium contour fluted barrel. Super accurate though, just a couple pounds heavier.

I have a Kimber Hunter in 308, Leupold rings/bases and 3-9x33 VariX compact. I haven’t weighed it but it’s somewhere around 6.25lbs. On a good day I can keep it moa, bad days 1.5 moa. Used from my local Scheels, marked at 750, talked them down to 700.

I think I could get it sub 6 w fluting, rebore to 338Fed, and having someone who knows how to do it remove the parts of the action it doesn’t need. Cheaper and easier to think about than to do it.

John pettimore

Lil-Rokslider
8lbs 6 oz loaded ready to go. Weatherby vanguard 300 wby mag, McMillan edge stock, Leupold VXI 3-9-40 with LW Talley’s, and braked.

Horns

FNG
Been looking at ways to lighten my load. My current rifle is a rem 700 sendero in 300wm, weighing in at about 12lbs unloaded. Tossing around the idea of a new rifle, mainly only considering a tikka or savage in their respective lightweight models. But if there are other options under $1k I’m all ears.
I bought a T3X super light in lefty 308 and it is incredibly light. Put a Vortex Diamondback on it. I haven’t weighed it but has to be less than 7 1/2 pounds

archp625

WKR
I wish my gun weighed about 1 lb. less but The scope handicaps me pretty good. Its hard to give up the tried and true.

First pic is rifle and scope. The second pic is how I carry the rifle with bipod.Gun 1.jpgGun 2.jpg

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a Kimber Hunter in 308, Leupold rings/bases and 3-9x33 VariX compact. I haven’t weighed it but it’s somewhere around 6.25lbs. On a good day I can keep it moa, bad days 1.5 moa. Used from my local Scheels, marked at 750, talked them down to 700.

I think I could get it sub 6 w fluting, rebore to 338Fed, and having someone who knows how to do it remove the parts of the action it doesn’t need. Cheaper and easier to think about than to do it.

you need to check the couple of Hunter build threads, pretty easy peasy to drop some weight :)