What's your Whitetail snack of choice!

coontz74

FNG
I like to eat deer summer sausage with some chunks of Colby cheese is my favorite but like others have said, will snack on several different things...

Buzby

WKR
Y’all having picnics in the woods! I eat before I go. Don’t drink much before hand, especially not coffee. I really don’t enjoy needing to take a piss when I’m wearing 3-4 layers of clothes and it’s cold out.

backstraps01

Lil-Rokslider
IDK why.. hahahaha BUT I love deer jerky or deer snack sticks while hunting!! Kind of makes me look at taking does differently. Bad things for does, and chip shots though!

Dried apricots, dried dates, almonds, cashews and dark chocolate chips (supposed to be for baking) all tossed in the same bag. I usually keep a couple chicken sriracha bars in my pack for back up.

I tried taking some carrots and celery this year but dang each bite sure was loud!

andydwyer

WKR
Okay, I'm new to this, but am I missing something? Do the deer not care about the smells of food? A little off topic, but this is my first season hunting and I've been worried about scaring them off with coffee and snacks. Is that why I'm going crazy at 11? 😂 I Ieave my thermos and pb&j in the car right now.

Poser

WKR
Okay, I'm new to this, but am I missing something? Do the deer not care about the smells of food? A little off topic, but this is my first season hunting and I've been worried about scaring them off with coffee and snacks. Is that why I'm going crazy at 11? I Ieave my thermos and pb&j in the car right now.

I don’t Whitetails hunt anymore, but did for years. I certainly went through a phase where I was super scent conscious, changing clothes in the field and only eating apples etc while out hunting and then I went through a phase where I just didn’t give a shit. I started taking foods such as pizza, cold fried chicken and even barbecue to the field with me. Literally, carried boxes of pizza out into the woods and drove to grab some BBQ and came back, posted up against a tree and ate ribs. No discernible negative effects. Could be that i was just better at whitetail hunting by that point, but I actually had better success in that phase. I wasn’t even climbing trees anymore either, just sitting on the ground. Id say don’t worry so much about it, just enjoy your hunt, but you also have to find your own aesthetic path and what works for you. Personally, pizza, fried chicken and barbecue never tasted so good as it did while sitting in the woods.

andydwyer

WKR
I don’t Whitetails hunt anymore, but did for years. I certainly went through a phase where I was super scent conscious, changing clothes in the field and only eating apples etc while out hunting and then I went through a phase where I just didn’t give a shit. I started taking foods such as pizza, cold fried chicken and even barbecue to the field with me. Literally, carried boxes of pizza out into the woods and drove to grab some BBQ and came back, posted up against a tree and ate ribs. No discernible negative effects. Could be that i was just better at whitetail hunting by that point, but I actually had better success in that phase. I wasn’t even climbing trees anymore either, just sitting on the ground. Id say don’t worry so much about it, just enjoy your hunt, but you also have to find your own aesthetic path and what works for you. Personally, pizza, fried chicken and barbecue never tasted so good as it did while sitting in the woods.

I'll have to try the pizza next time -- where do delivery boys get those thermal pouches? 😂

Seriously though, all you guys having snacks and flat out food is encouraging. Maybe I can relax a little bit -- and maybe end up sitting longer. Still looking for my first deer, but maybe chilling out before I get one so I don't become too rigid and superstitious. Or maybe it'll go the other way, who knows 🤷‍♂️

gjs4

Lil-Rokslider
Tough to beat Little Debbie cream pies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk