Where do you like to buy your optics?

Wassid82

WKR
I have purchased several optics (binos, rangefinders,rifle scopes, spotting scopes) and from a couple different places. Just wondering where most people are purchasing and is it because of good prices or good service. What about warranty issues do you prefer to try to go through the retailer or directly with the manufacturer? Thanks

Ordered a scope from cameraland last Friday - called them around noon, they matched a lower price online, shipped it that afternoon, and I had it in my hands yesterday.

My only experience with them so far, but definitely a happy customer!

I should also mention that although it wasn't optics, I have also purchased something from Rob at S&S Archery and received great customer service and fast shipping as well!

Last edited:
I like the classifieds here or eBay. I don’t mind waiting for a good deal and feel it’s worth it to save several hundred bucks on high end items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A&A Optics, Alan sells refurbished Vortex warranty turn-ins for a fraction of the cost & they are still covered under the Vortex Warranty. I bought a set of 15x Vultures last year for 225.00. I believe retail is up over 500.

jonpall

Lil-Rokslider
apparently cameraland is a good choice, but I've just used optics planet or amazon and gotten Vortex for their factory warranty

If I was sure what I wanted, and the product was commonly known and considered good, I have shopped around. Sometimes everyone shows the same price for something. . .I saved a lot by calling Doug.

tranathi

FNG
I bought all my rifle scopes, binoculars, and spotting scopes from SportOptics. Their customer service is outstanding in my book.

I called Cameraland and got a Rokslider price on a Kowa 553, however I was able to get a lower price from another dealer and purchased from them.

I bought a used Meopta MeoPro 80HD on ebay for a fair price.

I bought Maven B1's direct from Maven.

So I guess you could say I get around a bit.

A&A Optics, Alan sells refurbished Vortex warranty turn-ins for a fraction of the cost & they are still covered under the Vortex Warranty. I bought a set of 15x Vultures last year for 225.00. I believe retail is up over 500.

I second AA Optics. The stock sometimes runs low, but check back often and try to catch it when they restock. Great value and the Vortex Warranty is hard to beat. Picked up a pair of Kaibab 15x56s for 50% of MSRP.