Where to buy 16 Gauge Non Toxic Shells?

Blue Skunk

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure if this is the right board to post, but I'm looking for some recommendations to find a good option for 16 Gauge Shells especially Non Toxic Target Load.

More and more Hunt Clubs are going to Non Toxic for both Field Hunting and Trap/Sport Clays.

Most Club's only Stock 12 Gauge for purchase. Some also stock 20 Gauge, but 16 Gauge is tough.

I haven't had a super tough time finding 16 Gauge field loads, but target loads are almost impossible.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Bluefish

WKR
Good luck. Not a lot of options and none that I would find cheap enough use for clays. I love my 16’s, but nontox is harder since the 3” chamber was only recently introduced. probably better off to invest in a different gun for clays.

OP
B

Blue Skunk

Lil-Rokslider
Good luck. Not a lot of options and none that I would find cheap enough use for clays. I love my 16’s, but nontox is harder since the 3” chamber was only recently introduced. probably better off to invest in a different gun for clays.
Typically do that and just shoot one of my 12's for clays.

OP
B

Blue Skunk

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 16 and I don’t ever remember seeing non toxic target loads. Time to get a MEC?
It's almost impossible to find any non toxic target loads. I'm down to one case of lead target loads and will be tough to replace those! At least a few local clubs allow shooting it still.

Bluefish

WKR
Typically do that and just shoot one of my 12's for clays.
Probably the best option. I have multiple 16’s that I use for upland and waterfowl, load my own nontoxic. i would like to find a mirku barreled sweet 16 so I can run non toxic. I had a Belgian from 56’ and a pre ww2, but those barrels are too soft.

Bluefish

WKR
It's almost impossible to find any non toxic target loads. I'm down to one case of lead target loads and will be tough to replace those! At least a few local clubs allow shooting it still.
Can you find steel dove loads In 12 ga? I would think those would work for target. Glad that trend has not caught on here. Can still use lead.

OP
B

Blue Skunk

Lil-Rokslider
Can you find steel dove loads In 12 ga? I would think those would work for target. Glad that trend has not caught on here. Can still use lead.
I can typically find steel dove loads in 12 Gauge. Those work fine. The Club's carry a good supply of 12 steel target load for purchase as well. Generally reasonable for cost at the counter.

Jack321

Lil-Rokslider
If you really want, Boss has 16ga non-toxic.....it's expensive for #7 shot and they come in 20 round boxes or a case of 200 would get you 8 rounds.....

😬😬

dietridg

FNG
I am in the Midwest. A coworker couldn't find 16 anywhere and asked me to keep an eye out. I found it at the local hardware store and they have been stocked every time I go. 4 or 5 varieties of shells. Never checked for non toxic though. May want to look in an out of the way place like that. During COVID I couldn't find 30-30 anywhere and ended up finding it at a different hardware store.