Where's the kryptek love.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I've got several pieces of Kryptek and have been mostly happy with them but won't be buying more any time soon. The pattern is great and I like the sizing but I'm sick and tired of every shirt and jacket being covered in zippers and Velcro.
I have an opportunity to buy Sitka at a big discount about twice a year so I'm converting over to Sitka. It's way overpriced but the materials and quality are amazing. Kryptek is nice but really not in the same league as Sitka.

TC
That's the reason I stick with the Altitude line, it loses a bunch of the velcro nonsense. They should separate the civilian side versions from the mil versions where they need the patch attachments.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have a pair of their pants, not sure which ones, don’t think they make them anymore, but they a perhaps the most comfortable pants I have ever worn. I won’t buy anymore of their stuff though because it’s like pulling teeth trying to find specs anywhere. Hard to market to a backcountry crowd when nothing on your site tells you the weight/specs of anything. I’m surprised they show you more than one picture with as little info as they put up. Unless I’m missing something, which I could be, that’s why a lot of folks on here don’t talk much about it. I will also say any other pieces I’ve handled always seemed very heavy and have lots of unnecessary materials (zippers, Velcro, etc).

I bought all of my Kryptek used at a Cabelas in Kansas City, when I started to actually get serious about backcountry hunting. I was accompanying a buddy on an elk hunt in Montana and needed some better gear. Even used I thought it was expensive so I looked them up and found out that they were veteran owned and gave me a 10% discount for my service. I wore it and enjoyed the pieces I had for that hunt. That winter trying to use some of their cold weather gear on treestand hunts I froze. I contacted them and didn't get an answer that I was looking for, so I started to look at other companies. I found First Lite and they offered me a much better discount for my service so I switched brands and haven't looked back.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Supposedly they are redoing their site , so time will tell if they actually have someone at their office in Boise who knows how to upload specs and descriptions.

jmez

WKR
I have several pieces of Kryptek gear and have been happy with all of them. I've had no issues and it has held up well for me.

twall13

WKR
I'll add that I have a couple pairs of different gloves from Kryptek that are some of my favorites. Despite the velcro, once on the Krypton gloves are a fantastic fit for me and work well when shooting (upland, waterfowl, rifles). My favorite glove from them is now discontinued, the Norlander Merino gloves are a mid weight glove that provides a lot of warmth while still being form fitting enough to be functional. They are about as thick as I'd be comfortable using to shoot without taking the gloves off. I've tried a couple different pairs from sitka and first lite and while they have some decent offerings, aside from a merino liner, I prefer the Kryptek gloves mentioned above. I also really like my Aquillo puffy.

I do agree that their military heritage leads to more velcro and pockets than I typically want but there are a few pieces that don't follow that rule and their altitude line really looks nice.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
I have quite a few items; cadog, dalibor, kratos, koldo, vellus jackets and pants along with some shirts, hats, gloves and the aquillo jacket. I also have an equal amount of items from Sitka including several jetstream jackets, kelvin jacket, a couple pairs of timberline pants, incinerator jacket and pants, shirts, fleeces, hoodies, hats and beanies. I’d say the reason Kryptek gets less love after having much of both (I have also had under Armour ridge reaper and Kuiu) is that Kryptek has less information on its website. The web has fewer photos. Fewer people aspire to it (Sitka has been around longer and is a prestige/aspirational brand) for some unknown reason. So fewer questions about it. The line hasn’t had many new pieces to review until the Altitude line which hasn’t been reviewed here (despite a few teases about reviewing it) and Kryptek has a militaristic image with the Velcro and some features.

That said, my Kryptek is equally well made to the Sitka and is much quieter. But the Sitka is more durable. Kryptek fits better and I like how it performs. I’m looking to buy some Altitude products. I’m not looking to add to my Sitka collection.

Justin_the_EDG

Lil-Rokslider
I’d say the reason Kryptek gets less love after having much of both (I have also had under Armour ridge reaper and Kuiu) is that Kryptek has less information on its website. The web has fewer photos.

Well stated. Literally, I WANT to buy Kryptek. I love their branding and background. I love their camo. But every time I consider buying a piece, I end up going elsewhere because I really have NO IDEA what would actually come in the mail to me if I hit the checkout button. No detailed specs (weight, fill, ratings, etc) on their site. Not as many in depth reviews to find on websites like this and YouTube.

If someone has the ear of leadership over there... Please point this out! Third person on this thread to point out the same issue.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Still some of my favorite clothing--durable, functional, and best camo (from this hunter's perspective.) Honestly they just haven't sent us any product to try lately. Just busy. I do know our local Kryptek expert @Jared Bloomgren is working on a review right now. Hope to have it up soon.

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
Still some of my favorite clothing--durable, functional, and best camo (from this hunter's perspective.) Honestly they just haven't sent us any product to try lately. Just busy. I do know our local Kryptek expert @Jared Bloomgren is working on a review right now. Hope to have it up soon.

Are you going to have a review on Altitude soon? Looking forward to it.

Justin_the_EDG

Lil-Rokslider

Thanks for the reply Robby. I hope that didn't sound like a diss on Rokslide, it's obvious to me that Kryptek doesn't put as much weight on getting stuff into the hands of public reviewers and "influencers" as other brands, which I get and actually might agree with if it were my decision to make, but that coupled with their lack of forward facing product detail just means there isn't much info available.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Well, just talked to a friend of mine whose dad is a higher up at Kryptek. His sis is actually doing a lot of the new updates on the website including specs and info on the gear, they'll be rolling the new site out in the next few weeks. Better info is coming.

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Playing catchup here. Been a busy crazy summer with military training and entertaining our kids! Where has the summer gone?!

I will try to touch on a few of the things mentioned previously.

1) Kryptek clothing is not sold in Walmart! There may be other companies who are licensed to print kryptek patterns on their merchandise however.
2) The lack of information on their website is being addressed as I type with a new site launching fully soon and is in the works.
3) Kryptek listens to feedback so it is good to see what was typed in the previous posts.
4) I have four reviews coming out soon, none of it is the Altitude line but I am hoping I can get one pushed out the Rokslide soon.
5) If you had problems with Customer Service that is unfortunate. To be honest I have too in the past but be informed that all distrubution and shipping is moving to Idaho, close to HQ where it can be handled much more effectively! Huge plus!

Stay tuned!

Kryptek06

Kryptek Founder
Rokslide Sponsor
This thread was pointed out to me last week...So I decided to make an account and actually join the discussion versus "Lurking" in the shadows.

This is Butch Whiting...The CEO and Co-Founder of Kryptek Outdoor group. There are some good, constructive comments!

Kryptek has/is in the process of internalizing our Customer Service, as well as shifting to a new systems/site. and distributing product out of Boise Idaho. We have basically taken control of all major aspects of our business, and not relying on any 3rd Party activity.

@HunterEng your situation is a good example of why we have made the decisions we have and invested heavily in new systems and people. If your not satisfied with how your matter/situation has been handled, please send an email to [email protected], and we will get it taken care of right away!

@Justin_the_EDG ...Noted on product descriptions...It is our intent to rapidly and vastly improve this in the near future.

@rodney482 ... There is no "Kryptek" branded apparel/gear at Walmart!...There could be Kryptek camo on a hard-goods like a Buck Knife, Weatherby Rifle, or other branded product that is also sold at Cabela’s, Sportsmans, Bass Pro, ect...we have actually turned down requests to do various products Kryptek Branded there...Significant $$, and said HELL NO! If you ever find something that is actually Kryptek Branded and not a Licensee product, take a picture and send it to us...We will reward you with some swag or something!

@robby denning...Looks like it is about time for us to capitulate and get you guys some Altitude gear to Review and put to the test!

@Dos Perros ...That is fine that you don't like the shelf appeal of Kryptek...But I do want to point out that Kryptek is the ONLY camo in the outdoor/hunting industry that has been extensively tested by the U.S. Department of Defense (They spent around $10M doing so), and that is selectively used by U.S. and Coalition Special Operations....it is UBER Effective.

@Floorguy...I remember clearly you visiting my house and showing you gear..."Bring beer to see gear night!!". Glad you are still a Kryptek fan!...I do miss Alaska immensely (Mostly the resident over the counter sheep tags and fishing on the Gulkana!).

For you guys that have Kryptek and putting it to good use,, we appreciate it!...For you that haven't, we hope to win your business down the road....And regardless of what brand you wear, Good Luck this fall!

@Kryptec06 if Kryptec was the only camo tested how can we know if it is superior to the competitors? Anyway, I don’t expect you to answer that. Kudos to you for responding to this thread, that says a lot more about the gear than any DOD study could, IMO. Good luck with your business, sincerely hope you guys do well.

Justin_the_EDG

Lil-Rokslider
@Kryptek06 Awesome reply Butch. Thank you for taking the time out.

I truly meant what I said that I WANT to buy your stuff, so hearing that you are working on these opportunity areas gets me stoked. I went back over your line up today to re-familiarize. I can almost guarantee you guys will be getting business from me in the future with your response today in mind.