Which 140 class .284 bullet?

Just tried some 145 LRX's for the first time today. Very accurate on load workup. Going to dial some in and see what they can do.

Anytime I get a sub-1.5" group on a 2 full grain ladder test, that gets my attention.

tdot

WKR
I have settled on Hammers for all of my hunting rifles, I am also shooting lighter bullets then I did when I was shooting AB and Berger's for my hunting loads. I have consistently faster and more accurate loads. They appear to perform very consistently across a very broad range of velocities, which I like. There arent too many bullets that I would be confident in at both a MV of 3400fps+, all the way to its lower limit of 1800fps and maybe even lower.

The wounding theory that the Hammers are built on is much different then the generally understood theory of how a mushroomed lead bullet works. This results in less meat damage. I'd shoot them, just for the decrease in meat damage.

As previously mentioned, call Steve, he's super helpful.

BjornF16

WKR
Muley

what did you settle on?

I will be taking out my Kimber MA to the range soon to find good elk medicine ...

OP
MuleyFever
Muley

what did you settle on?

I will be taking out my Kimber MA to the range soon to find good elk medicine ...

Right now I am working with the Leigh Defense Controlled Chaos. I am having better luck with it over the 140 Accubond at mag length. For some reason the coppers just appear to be more accurate when seated at mag length. My best load to far was a 160 Acccubond but I have to seat it out to far to fit in my mag.

If you want to try some PM me and we can work something out if you dont want to buy a full box. I still want to try the Hammers and the Barnes LRX eventually.

BjornF16

WKR
I’m going to see how my rifle does with Accubond before I look at coppers.

Although I will say that the Norma 125gr Kalahari was very impressive on Texas whitetail last year (in my 280 Rem).