Which AICS bottom metal and magazines for my T3x?

wildcat33

WKR
The Aics version? Iv got one on a t6a for my match rifle. Very impressed with it. Feeds regardless of pressure or lack of on the mag.

Yeah: MCS-DBMTK

I dont know anything about it. Looks pretty solid though. Might be a good option for a semi-custom tikka with DBM.

Lawnboi

WKR
Yeah: MCS-DBMTK

I dont know anything about it. Looks pretty solid though. Might be a good option for a semi-custom tikka with DBM.
If you want aics mags, and have a short action cartridge, it’s awesome. I think factory tikka mags are a better solution for a hunter but aics has their place. I’d do it again in a heartbeat. Very repeatable, awesome mag latch and well, and in my rifle Atleast it feeds very well.

Dobermann

WKR
The Alterra is pretty good and the Gunwerks Clymer is probable the best designed available. There’s not many because much as in in other things, manufactures nor consumers shoot and understand what’s really happening.
To keep this all together, I just saw your comments in the Minox eval Q&A thread:

The real thing with this is the total package, the Master Sporter stock, 20” light barrel, suppressed, and the scope/reticle make this the easiest to hit with in the field rifle from 0-1,200m I have used. It’s 11.5lbs as it sits, and I will be carrying it for sheep this fall…
What are your thoughts on the T3x Sporter's stock for a field rifle (not necessarily a lightweight hunting rifle, but a 'field'/crossover option:

1645130258866.png
From what I can gather, recoil pad is vertically adjustable.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
What are your thoughts on the T3x Sporter's stock for a field rifle (not necessarily a lightweight hunting rifle, but a 'field'/crossover option:

View attachment 381891
From what I can gather, recoil pad is vertically adjustable.

It’s a modification of the former Master Sporter stock which was designed for Scandinavian speed target shooting. While not perfect, with the buttpad raised, it works very well. The forend in front of the magwell is nearly parallel, the flat in the bottom side of the buttstock is parallel, the grip is vertical and shaped correctly, and the recoil pad can be adjusted to be inline with the bore.

I’ve got a couple of buddies that wanted Master Sporters, couldn’t find them, and got current T3 Sporters. They shoot very well.

Dobermann

WKR
It’s a modification of the former Master Sporter stock which was designed for Scandinavian speed target shooting. While not perfect, with the buttpad raised, it works very well. The forend in front of the magwell is nearly parallel, the flat in the bottom side of the buttstock is parallel, the grip is vertical and shaped correctly, and the recoil pad can be adjusted to be inline with the bore.

I’ve got a couple of buddies that wanted Master Sporters, couldn’t find them, and got current T3 Sporters. They shoot very well.
Thanks!

Any thoughts on a direct comparison to the Bravo for this role?

And I wonder what the weight is compared to the Bravo ...

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Thanks!

Any thoughts on a direct comparison to the Bravo for this role?

And I wonder what the weight is compared to the Bravo ...

The Sporter Stock is about a pound heavier than the Bravo if I recall. In functional use the Bravo and Sporter is probably about even. I do have a thing for wood, and as a laminate it’s ok, as a walnut it would be the choice for me. But I’m a nostalgic fella.

Dobermann

WKR
The Sporter Stock is about a pound heavier than the Bravo if I recall. In functional use the Bravo and Sporter is probably about even. I do have a thing for wood, and as a laminate it’s ok, as a walnut it would be the choice for me. But I’m a nostalgic fella.
Me too ... but at a pound heavier, I think the Bravo is the way for me.

And now to work out whether the THLR reticle makes the Minox's weight worth it or not ... :)

Are you wanting to keep it lightweight as a carry rifle? I’ve used a KRG Bravo on a T3X Lite that took AICS mags. It works great but adds a pound.

There’s several companies that make conversions: Mountain Tactical, RedSnake, maybe Waters Rifleman (?).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What conversion for AICS mags did you go with? Is it still working great? Any issues?
Thanks

Are you wanting to keep it lightweight as a carry rifle? I’ve used a KRG Bravo on a T3X Lite that took AICS mags. It works great but adds a pound.

There’s several companies that make conversions: Mountain Tactical, RedSnake, maybe Waters Rifleman (?).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I recently purchased a Tikka t3x lite and I would like to go with the KRG Bravo. This will be a backcountry hunting rifle. How are the AICS mags working? Lots of people on here and elsewhere say they don't work well with the Tikka. Did you have to install bottom metal for it to work with the Bravo? If so which one? Thanks. I would have sent a DM, but don't have enough posts.