Which binos for tripod use

Firehawk

WKR
Meopta Meostar B1 15x are really really good. Doug can set you up with a nice new pair. Or watch the classifieds here and see if there are some that pop up.

I would also consider the Zeiss Conquests, Vortex Razor UHD and Maven B5 15x. That is if don't want to step up to the SLCs which are absolutely terrific in my experience. Used my buddy's SLC HD on a hunt last fall and immediately started shopping for 15x afterwards. Settled on a used Meopta Meostar B1 and have been happy with them.

Trial153

WKR
Depends on your application, for purely game finding your hard pressed to find better than a pair of 12els or 12NLs mounted on a steady tri pod … for that matter any of the higher end 12s or 10s…. If your asking about a high magnification replacement for say counting inches I don’t see any being as good a clear spotter at mid magnification at longer range.

TheGDog

WKR
Zeiss Conquest HD 15x56 and 10x42. Outdoorsman Micro Pan Head and Tall Binos Stud. Slik PRO II Tripod. Just enough Tripod to get it done without weighing you down much.

The 15's Got'em used for $1200. Looked pristine to me! Very stoked with both the Zeiss. The 10x42 and the 15x! With the 10's you can see a dang long ways if you're up high and the light is right. Then doing that later on with the 15s is even cooler for those glassing situations where it's all about the tripod. You can make quick work of a hillside with some 15s! And you take in a lot of possible movement at once using Binos to scan. And sure seems like your brain processes the image data faster and more naturally when scanning thru binos.

Look at people or animals 2-3 miles away, that’s where you can see the difference
This was looking at mule deer hunting in Eastern Arizona last november... like I said for me the difference wasn't there to spend a extra 600 dollars..

Look at people or animals 2-3 miles away, that’s where you can see the difference

I agree but they are a good budget pair if you find them used. If you are going for new I would look at some different glass in the same ball park of cost.