Which direction to go

NE FLORIDA in a small town called Palatka
Me and brothers all have 2 points for elk/mule deer in Wyoming. We are planning for another hunt for next year but unsure how the points creep is going to be. OTC in Colorado would be are other option. Would we stand a chance on drawing a general tag in Wyoming with 2 points,or should we plan on having to get a few more points and doing OTC

Not sure what your chances are in Wyoming, but be aware there aren't any OTC tags for mule deer in Colorado, and with the winter we had last year leftover tags for deer are going to be slim to nonexistent in many of the units west of the divide, particularly the NW part of the state. OTC elk is always an option, but plan on LOTS of company regardless what season or weapon you choose.

You will likely need 5 for general elk in Wyoming next year to have a chance in the regular drawing.

OP
Andrewlonghi
Not sure what your chances are in Wyoming, but be aware there aren't any OTC tags for mule deer in Colorado, and with the winter we had last year leftover tags for deer are going to be slim to nonexistent in many of the units west of the divide, particularly the NW part of the state. OTC elk is always an option, but plan on LOTS of company regardless what season or weapon you choose.
Thanks.

Dave_

Lil-Rokslider
Me and brothers all have 2 points for elk/mule deer in Wyoming. We are planning for another hunt for next year but unsure how the points creep is going to be. OTC in Colorado would be are other option. Would we stand a chance on drawing a general tag in Wyoming with 2 points,or should we plan on having to get a few more points and doing OTC
You could get a WY mule deer tag pretty easily I believe. With elk your only chance would be in the reg or special random draw. Not great odds but possible. CO OTC or easy draw 0-1 pt units would be a good backup.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

You will always have a home in Colorado, take that to the bank! They are.

WY you have a random chance, CO, plan on it.

Jaquomo

WKR
I read a few different articles about OTC in Colorado going away by 2025. We each got 1 point for Colorado elk, if there is no more OTC next year maybe 1 point will get us in the game
They are discussing all of the options right now in the CPW/Sportsmens meetings. The big kicker is that there would be significant loss of revenue to CPW. But they are getting serious about further limiting archery opportunity in some way.

OP
Andrewlonghi
They are discussing all of the options right now in the CPW/Sportsmens meetings. The big kicker is that there would be significant loss of revenue to CPW. But they are getting serious about further limiting archery opportunity in some way.
I thought about that and how much money they would lose on non-resident tags. Maybe OTC will last a few more years but definitely is in the end stretch in my opinion. There's still some good units and could be drawn with 0,1,or 2 points but eventually the points creep will end that to