Which Micro Diameter Arrow?

BSeals71

WKR
Easton Carbon Injections 300 is awesome! There is also a Deep Six XD in 295 spine (10.7 gpi)

If you want to go standard threads for a insert, I would recommend the Easton Axis.

I have been shooting Axis arrows for so long I can't see myself switching to anything else. In my current set-up, I'm shooting 400 spine with standard insert, 125 head weight. Can't remember what my total arrow weight is at the moment, but I think it's around 450 grains. I've killed 2 dozen deer, probably 10 hogs and a black bear or two with that arrow. Granted, I have never tested them on elk size game but I'm so confident in what I have I will not be changing for my first elk hunt. So it's Easton Axis all the way for me.

jherald

WKR
I would opt for the .300 FMJ. Yoo'll be able to use standard heads with no need for a special adapter. Or if more FOC is for you, you can get there with a heavier insert.

The VAP elites looks nice spec wise. .001 straitness is legit!

Are they as good as they sound?

If I got VAP's I would use deep 6 inserts I think!

Bughalli

WKR
I needed a stiffer spine than most offered so I went with VAP V1, but I'm not a fan of the outcerts due to reliability issues so I put Deep6 incerts in them. That setup has been excellent for me.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
My problem with my Easton FMJ Injexions is they blow through my target in the garage. : ) Granted I'm only shooting 10yds or so, but I had to duct tape two targets together and still have a pass through now and then....

OP
G

gelton

WKR
I ended up opting for black eagle carnivores. .250 spine with 50 grain brass inserts and 125 grain VAP vented is my medicine for 2016. I really liked the idea of the micro diameters, but Jerry at South Shore was keen enough on this setup to win me over.

FURMAN

WKR
I do not have a great deal of experience with them yet but so far I love my X-impacts. The weight variance is non existent for me. I have had one outsert come off but the glue I used will not even keep blazers on so I switched to B.E. glue. The penetration is awesome. I am getting some pass troughs with my Block but usually all but the vanes are in the target when normal size gold tips only go in 8-10 inches at 20 yards.

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I started using the Victory RIP's last year. They seem like a good alt to micro diameter. I used the vaps, for a couple years, and loved the way they group and fly, but after a while the outserts wouldn't be straight. The RIP's have a little bit larger diameter which allows for using an insert. I used them last year and have been VERY happy with the performance and their inserts. And yes, the .001 elites are legit!