Which Micro Diameter Arrow?

gelton

WKR
Back to the drawing board for more testing. After seeing my underspined FMJ's out-penetrate my properly spined Gold Tip pro hunters, I am looking at shooting micro diameters next season.

Looking for a .300 spined micro diameter with the best inserts/outserts available. I like the Kinetic Chaos but am finding that not too many people are fond of their outsert system.

Which .300 spined micro diameter arrow and what insert/outsert system has worked well for you?

Shooting a 72# 2015 Elite Synergy at 28.5 inches. Also hoping for a high F.O.C. with a total arrow weight of ~500 grains. Considering Easton, Gold Tip, and Black Eagle.

Trial153

WKR
I would go with a .204 shaft, then I would use brass HITs with a VPA flanged collar.

So with that in mind I would I would look at GT kentics, BEA Rampages or Easton axis.

OR Archer

WKR
You could do an FMJ 300 or Axis 300 with either a 75 or 50gr brass insert. You can also put the Easton HIT brass inserts into the GT Kinetics also.

ahlgringo

WKR
Use VAP V1 or elites in 300 with pen 2 outserts out of my E35. Love em. 450g with a 100g head

rutfest

FNG
I have been using black eagle deep impacts for the awhile now and love then. I haven't had any issues with the B.E. outserts either. They redesigned the imaging of the deep impacts for next year so they are running a special on old stock. I believe you get $30 off a dozen.

I shot the x-impact the last two years and I found a huge variance in arrow weight. Arrows cut the exact same length would weigh up to 7 grains different from one another. I think I'm going to switch to the Injection FMJ 280.

I would go with the .300 FMJ. You could probably easily get away with a 26.5" shaft.

26.5" shaft-318 grains
Tip weight- 100 grains
HIT I=insert- 50 grains (Brass)
X nock- 9 grains
Troy Taker Stealth Vane- 24 grains

Total weight- 501, before glue.

Your FOC with this setup would likely be in the 15-16% range

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I'm not a fan of the micro-diameter arrows......never could find one that was as accurate as my other arrows. And Easton only made them to a .330 spine so those were out.......not sure what they're making them to now. And also not a fan of any outsert or half out or whatever you want to call them. So all my arrows use HIT's.

jmez

WKR
One other thing to keep in mind. You will need to use Deep Six components on the micro diameter shafts unless you use an outsert of some sort.

One other thing to keep in mind. You will need to use Deep Six components on the micro diameter shafts unless you use an outsert of some sort.

Unless you stick to a 17/64". You could also go with the VPA but then you're dealing with a fairly weak shaft in comparison.

OP
G

gelton

WKR
Thanks fellas...it does look like Easton makes .300 now which is what kept me away from them last year as they only had .330's...may have to get a 1/2 dozen of each and see which ones I like best. I am not too fond of the outserts either so its good to know HIT will work in the gold tips as well.

KHNC

WKR
I have been shooting Carbon Express Pile Driver Pass Thru Extreme 350's last two years. I really like them. They come with a 44gr steel 1/2 outsert. Very accurate. Not quite as small as the micro but same diameter as the Axis.

Lawnboi

WKR
I really like my injections, they are 400 spine though. That is if you don't mind moving to deep six components.
Having used fmj's, axis and kinetics. I don't plan on switching from easton injections any time soon.

jm1607

WKR
I'm shooting the Black Eagle Rampages with Firenock's AEROINSERT-A and I'm very happy with them. They offer them in aluminum, stainless steel, and titanium. Or you can go with Black Eagle's inserts.

http://www.firenock.com/main.php?page=AeroSys

I'm also using Rampages. You don't have to use the outserts if you don't want to, there are some standard brass inserts that fit. You can get a very high FOC from these AND they don't use deep six.

I really like the injections. But the stiffest they offer is .330 spine. I'd like to see a .300 or .280 spine carbon injections.