Which sleeping bag ?

JJJ

Lil-Rokslider
Volandre is a nice bag. On sale
A company that doesn't get near enough mention. Montbell. I used a few and then tried a couple WM bags only to sell those and go back to MB. Almost as light as WM but more comfortable IMO.
I’ve read that their stretch fabric bags are very comfortable

Last edited:
If marmot interests you, I have two codes for 40% off. No tents but bags and most gear. Just pm me

I just bought a Feathered Friends Swift 20. This would be the equivalent to Western Mountaineering Alpinlite 20. I’ve owned 20 bags and they are top shelf. I have not had my FF out yet but it’s obvious it’s built with same quality as WM. Full zip, horizontal continuous baffles just as WM.

CO-AJ

WKR
I just bought a Feathered Friends Swift 20. This would be the equivalent to Western Mountaineering Alpinlite 20. I’ve owned 20 bags and they are top shelf. I have not had my FF out yet but it’s obvious it’s built with same quality as WM. Full zip, horizontal continuous baffles just as WM.
I really like the FF and absolutely consider them an equivalent competitor to WM. Their lead time was a bit longer than WM and that is one of the reasons I went with the WM. The other reason was there was a contributor on this forum who turned me onto Hermit's Hut for the WM purchase. 3oz overstuff and bags in stock for a great price. Sold.

I really like the FF and absolutely consider them an equivalent competitor to WM. Their lead time was a bit longer than WM and that is one of the reasons I went with the WM. The other reason was there was a contributor on this forum who turned me onto Hermit's Hut for the WM purchase. 3oz overstuff and bags in stock for a great price. Sold.

Same here. Hermit Hut got my business. I do own FF puffy Helios hooded jacket and zip on pants. Excellent quality and way more warmth than I need here in the South. Bought the pants on a blemished item sale. Still have no idea what the blem was.

Funny this year due to material shortage lead times were longer for WM. FF had swift in stock and no lead times and the WM alpinlite that I wanted will not be ready until June from where I was buying. I'm still on fence as I may sent back FF swift and get the WM alpinlite for following reasons:

1. Swift listed dimensions shows same size as Alpinlite but it feels slighly smaller than Alpinlite.
2. Swift does not have draft collar.
3. Although Alpinlite is 12D and Swift is 20D, the Alpinlite 12D actually has a higher hydrostatic head water resistance rating (1200MM) than the 20D pertex of the Swift.

Edit update: Does anybody know if the pertex 20D fabric breathes better than the WM extremelite 12d fabric?

Last edited:

Skythehunter

Lil-Rokslider
Make sure you have a nice insulated sleeping pad, otherwise it won't matter how warm your bag is

turley

Lil-Rokslider
I've used a Valandre Mirage 23F 5'7" bag for well over a decade and they are easily the same quality as WM an FF (which I've also used)....with these premium bags it comes down to preference. As Valandre is geared towards climbers I would give their shell the nod in durability over either WM or FF.
Currently for milder conditions I've been using El Coyote Quilts.

Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’ve had a western mountaineering badger for the past 3 seasons. I really like it sometimes I wonder if I should have gotten the sequoia but the badger is a great bag.