Which target?

hunting_with_bailey

Lil-Rokslider
I'm looking to purchase an archery target for shooting at home. My distance to shoot is limited to about 20-25 yards. I will only be shooting field points at the target, bow is not breaking any speed records. I'm looking at the Power Stop Targets, Bull Dogs Targets and the usual suspects (Block, Rinehart, etc). Straw bales are out of the question.

What do you guys recommend? What seems to last and not start falling apart?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

fatlander

WKR
If you get a rhinehart make sure to get the 18:1, not the cube. My first 18:1 lasted 3 years of hard use. The cube didn’t make it 8 months. I’ve now got another 18:1 w/ 6 months on it and minimal signs of wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bl704

WKR
Another Rinehart 18-1 vote. Matrix is the other I'd give a look.

To facilitate arrow pulls, there are products available a thin coat /wipe on/off the arrows... I've heard of others who have used soap, armor all, etc.

SIontheHunt

Lil-Rokslider
my block regularly gets left out in the rain. It has thousands of holes from 5 years of use and is still kicking. It is only recently that easton FMJs bury to the fletchings from point blank (5 yrds) on the worn spots. Got it half off because someone returned it to cabelas after putting literally 2 holes in it.

BigDog00

WKR
I just bought a Block a couple weeks ago. I only have about 20 shots on it and its blowing out big (quarter sized) chunks of foam out the back. This is with field points, no broadheads. I'm going to try and return it and see if maybe it was just a bad apple. My other Block is going on 4-5 years and fairly heavy use and still has a little life left in it.

qwerksc

WKR
I just shot out a block "classic" thousands of shots from 20 to 25 yards, minimal broadhead shooting. I just set up 4 new targets, Block vault, Mackenzie mobile, and two rhinehart 3d targets, turkey and woodland buck. I'm gonna work these ones over for a while, let ya'll know how they hold up.

Joe Holden

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot a lot throughout the year. Through all of the targets I've own, the Rinehart 18:1 has been the most durable to date. It was tossed before it's time due to inserts getting left inside the target, turning it into a landmine field.

My next target will be a Matrix. See if i can abuse that for a long time and offset the cost of 2-4 targets per year.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Maybe I'm not that smart but how are yall guys getting thousands of shots in on a block classic. After about 100 shots my arrows started to pass through. The only broadhead i shot at it ended up 10 yards beyond it. Currently shooting a matrix mostly and a hurricane bag for non broadhead no target dot work.

ckstites

FNG
Another Rinehart vote. If you leave it outside full time, it gets wet and is harder to remove the arrows. Keep it dry..

Nathan K

FNG
We have a few bulldog targets at my local range and Yes, arrow removal is beyond easy, they stop the arrow as well. I mean it is strange how little effort it takes to remove arrows.
Awesome! My rhinehart is about done and I’m looking for a new target. I think a bulldog will be next purchase