Whitetail Tree Stand Hunting Pack?

What packs are you enjoying using for tree stand hunting? Looking for something that would support an all day sit in variable weather conditions. The Sitka Toolbox looks like an good option so far.

Bcaulder

Lil-Rokslider
What packs are you enjoying using for tree stand hunting? Looking for something that would support an all day sit in variable weather conditions. The Sitka Toolbox looks like an good option so far.
That the pack I'm going with.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Squirrels

WKR
I bought that one and returned it or sold it quickly, can't remember. But I do remember it sucks with any weight at all. So I'm wokring on my own frame and system just for whitetail'n.

md126

WKR
The Sitka tool bucket is great for strictly stand hunting. It’s not designed to carry a lot of weight as some suggest. I use the Sitka Flash 20 too, but as a day pack and when on stand. I really like it

I bought that one and returned it or sold it quickly, can't remember. But I do remember it sucks with any weight at all. So I'm wokring on my own frame and system just for whitetail'n.

Same here. I’ve had both Sitka packs and neither impressed me in the least. Sitka makes great clothing and I love my Stratus set but they need to leave the pack making to the folks who know how to build them. If you’re carrying in a lock on and sticks or saddle hunting the Mystery Ranch Pop Up 28 is about as perfect as you’re gonna find. It’ll carry weight and gear a ton better and lots more comfortable. To each his own but I’ll never own another Sitka pack now that I’ve seen what a real pack is and can do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bcaulder

Lil-Rokslider
What's your thoughts on 22 mag for whitetail tree stand
I would have gone this route, 100%, if it wasn't so dang expensive.

I agree about the the toolbox not being for weight, it really is meant for the tree hunters who is on private and just has to walk in to their setup. It is just about perfect for that. Not a versatile bag at all, and wasn't meant to be.

The 22mag is crazy versatile.

Beararms

Lil-Rokslider
I am quite happy with my Horn Hunter G3 Treestand pack. I like how it holds my crossbow/rifle when hiking in/out.
I think they can be had for @ $80

22Jdub

Lil-Rokslider
I'll repeat what others have said, the tool bucket is great while your in the tree but if you need to carry sticks or a a stand or any heavy load it just doesn't perform well. I just picked up a badlands camera pro pack to play with. Not necessarily for all the camera divider sections but the overall layout and size looks great.

NorthT

FNG
I used a 22mag this past season for late season with 24in duplex. I do like the bag, but I could not find the side bags useful. I love the panel load for sure. I wished this bag had just pals down each side. When I hunted from a chair I would stuff it down the side pockets. A Sitka fanatic jacket pretty much filled the internal bag and small items in the top. I used the compressions straps for my platform and steps. But the end of the year I found my self picking up my late season bag and using instead. It has more useable room and lighter

Dooger

FNG
What in the heck are you guys packing into the stand?...and where? I’ve hunted some nasty, thick country and usually go in over a mile, but I’ve never needed much more than a Fieldline Day Pack ($30). I can throw it in the washing machine every few hunts too.

What in the heck are you guys packing into the stand?...and where? I’ve hunted some nasty, thick country and usually go in over a mile, but I’ve never needed much more than a Fieldline Day Pack ($30). I can throw it in the washing machine every few hunts too.

Some of us prefer not to drag a deer that far. Gonna be hard to pack him out in that Fieldline. I put my stand and sticks on the load shelf and use the pack frame to carry it. Then use the same setup to pack out anything I kill if needed. My days of dragging or carting deer are over with. I’ll quarter them and pack em every time now if I can’t drive up to them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tgus59

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone tried the whitetail pack from Mystery Ranch? I know this is stupid, and doesn't matter, but I wish that it came in their camo colors.

Pezboat

WKR
I just picked up a 22 Mag off here. I think that’s going to be my go-to this year. It’s so comfortable not matter what sort of weight you put in it. And this will be the first year I’ll try packing my deer out.

Bcaulder

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone tried the whitetail pack from Mystery Ranch? I know this is stupid, and doesn't matter, but I wish that it came in their camo colors.
Treehouse? I haven't heard one good thing about it.

22Jdub

Lil-Rokslider

Lots of reasons why a bigger pack is necessary for me
1. Filming your hunts, camera, camera arm, assecories
2. Taking kids, extra clothing, food, gear
3. Late season, long walks so have to pack in outer layers plus the above.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fwafwow

WKR
I am quite happy with my Horn Hunter G3 Treestand pack. I like how it holds my crossbow/rifle when hiking in/out.
I think they can be had for @ $80

+1 for the G3. It is inexpensive, well made and holds a good bit of stuff. I go back and forth on how much stuff to take with me. At the beginning of a trip or season, I take lots but by the end I'm trying to simplify. For my last hunt of the season this past year, I expected to be in the stand for 2 hours due to the bitter cold and didn't even take a belt/fanny pack and made due with my pockets. I sat for 12 hours.