Whitetail Tree Stand Hunting Pack?

Bcaulder

Lil-Rokslider
Could you expand on that a little, was eyeing that bag...
Specially, it was the lid, being noisy and how limited it is... I went back and looked at it and if you plan to use it like the tool bucket, it is pretty decent on apearances. The molle panels inside and out can be very useful.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

fatlander

WKR
IMO your stand makes the perfect frame with mole belt and suspension on it. I had the Sitka tool bucket or box (whichever one has the frame designed for the stand, and I didn’t like it.

I’d rather use the molle system and then lash whatever I want/need to the stand. I carry a hydration style pack that has enough buckles and webbing to lash all the clothes I need to it while whitetail hunting. If it can’t fit in/on there, I don’t need it to kill deer.

You can turn the seat of most all hang on’s into a load shelf. Use a piece of paracord to tie the seat to the I beam that connects the seat and platform. Or you can pay the “new” lone wolf crew 500 bucks for it ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bcaulder

Lil-Rokslider
Specially, it was the lid, being noisy and how limited it is... I went back and looked at it and if you plan to use it like the tool bucket, it is pretty decent on apearances. The molle panels inside and out can be very useful.

Lol, I keep looking at the Treehouse and I think I am being swayed that way for my tree bag. Since I hunt from a saddle and carry and platform and modified Heliums, I think this will end up being better than the toolbox for me while still having enough space for layers.

Squirrels

WKR
I was not a fan of the treehouse either, bought it and the sitka that doesn't have the frame and sent back/sold them both within a week.

22Jdub

Lil-Rokslider
Lol, I keep looking at the Treehouse and I think I am being swayed that way for my tree bag. Since I hunt from a saddle and carry and platform and modified Heliums, I think this will end up being better than the toolbox for me while still having enough space for layers.

Another one that I tried out. (I think I have a problem). Great pack in the tree but same problem at the tool box, strapping a stand or sticks to it made for an uncomfortable hike.

Bcaulder

Lil-Rokslider
I was not a fan of the treehouse either, bought it and the sitka that doesn't have the frame and sent back/sold them both within a week.
First hand experience, why did you go away from those bags?

A MR Pop Up 28 is absolutely perfect for that. I didn’t like the Treehouse I had. It was good in the tree but horrible at carrying anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can turn the seat of most all hang on’s into a load shelf. Use a piece of paracord to tie the seat to the I beam that connects the seat and platform. Or you can pay the “new” lone wolf crew 500 bucks for it ;)

I may try this with my XOP Vanish. I run a Tenzing 2220 which has a bow/rifle sling, but I may stick my XOP climbing sticks in that pocket rather than my bow. Then, I’d just have to carry my bow, which is what I do while packing in/out during shooting hours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What packs are you enjoying using for tree stand hunting? Looking for something that would support an all day sit in variable weather conditions. The Sitka Toolbox looks like an good option so far.

I run a Tenzing 2220. I pack a lot of stuff, but I need to scale it down until the rut, when I make all day sits. Before I got it, I considered several: Horn Hunter G3, Badlands 2200 or Diablos Dos, Alps OutdoorZ Extreme Pursuit X Pack, etc.

If I had to pack out meat every time, I’d consider the Kifaru Eastern. XOP seems to have a terrific pack if you only need a small pack.

I like that most of these companies have a lifetime warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Squirrels

WKR
First hand experience, why did you go away from those bags?

Yes first hand experience. The treehouse was like a box and it was noisy and loud. The bag was tooo structured and didn't give enough. The sitka didn't carry weight very well at all, the layout and fabric of it was pretty nice but that was about it. I ended up making a frame for myself that has molle covering the entire panel, it also has tab loops at every row of molle up the sides. I can strap anything to that frame in any fashion. I will make whatever custom sized pouches I need to attach the molle panel.

stump06

WKR
For the past few years I've used an Easton hintch and love it. I don't believe they make it anymore but the Tenzing 1250 lumbar pack is pretty close. I recently ordered a shape charge to allow me to carry a little more since I started carrying camera gear.
If I were not filming I would still use just a lumbar pack as it fits my needs perfectly

My all day whitetail tree stand pack is something I picked up at Wal-Mart for about $25. It hangs on my stand as I pack it in and holds everything I need it to. I'm hunting warmer climates so I don't need a lot of clothes. Honestly, that little pack is more than enough for whitetail day hunts from a tree stand.

Mosby

WKR
I think just about any pack will work for whitetail for me. I carry basic stuff like knives, deer drag, lights, food, handwarmers etc., Not a lot of weight. Right now for rifle season, I am using an old blaze orange Cabela's pack with a leather bottom. For archery I use an old camo Badlands pack.

The only exception is if I am hiking in state game lands carrying in a treestand and steps. I use my Outdoorsman pack for that without the bag and attach one of the above packs to it. A framed pack is great for carrying a treestand.

bamagun

FNG
I used the Sitka Tool Bucket for the last two years and love it.. Its pretty heavy, but offers a ton of useful options and organization for all the stuff you don't really need in the treestand..

ethan

WKR
I ran the Eastern Ruck from Kifaru last year and it worked perfectly. The pockets are in the right places for keeping stuff separated and the built in grab-it is great for carrying a climber. 99% of the areas I hunt dictate that I quarter and pack out animals and it’s plenty big enough for that..

Creed28

FNG
What do u think about an exo 2000 or 3500? Hoping to get drawn for Kansas on public land, so guessing I’ll have to pack in an try to get away from the crowds.

ScottinPA

WKR
Finally retired my Camelbak Striker last year. Picked up a used MR Scapegoat 25. Seems about perfect for me. My stands are set before season so it's just day stuff. In cold weather it's big enough for layers and thermos but compresses well otherwise. Little bulky for the times I use my Lone Wolf climber but those times are few. I strap the pack to the climber and have put mil-surp belt and shoulder harness on the climber. Rides well.