Who else couldn't get Kenetreks to work

I couldn't get the Kenetrek Mountain Extremes to work for me. Crispi did work out much better. Now I hunt in the Crispi WildRock. I also wear the Wyomings, and Idaho on occasion.

It sounds like there are some experienced comments here but one thing I learned when fitting ski boots is to 'kick' your heel into the heel pocket by thumping the heel of the boot against the ground before you start lacing.
I also agree that heel slippage is the result of too long of a boot.
I believe many people would benefit from buying a half-size smaller in a wide width.

waldo9190

Lil-Rokslider
I have had the same experience. Superfeet greens helped a bit but still as soon as I get any significant weight on and hit some incline my heels get pretty torn up still. I have pretty small feet (aka, sweaty hobbit feet, size 7.5), and am contemplating going with either the Salewa Crow, Mountain Trainer 2, or the Hanwag Makra Treks next.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
I took one lap around the Sportsmans in them and was almost crippled. My feet are too wide for even their wide models. I have stated this before, that company has no clue as to what a wide foot is.

Rock-o

WKR
I bought a pair of Mountain Extreme 400s and the heel seemed narrow to my very "regular" foot. Crispi's Hunter GTX, however, fit nicely. I may still try another pair of Mountain Extreme 400s but a size larger.

Read1t48

WKR
I wore out my first pair of Kenetreks after probably 500 miles. My 2nd pair has probably 250 miles and I just bought a 3rd pair for the future.
Hardscabble non insulated. They work well for me and are one of the few manufacturers that will make boots in smaller sizes.
They will also rebuild, for a fee, the rand and soles. I have their original gaiters and they are just starting to fray in the Velcro area after hundreds of miles. My experience with their products and customer service has been excellent.

Extrapale

WKR
They are the best fit for me that I have found. That said, my heels will slip in them. A combination of Leukotape and lacing technique gets me by.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Hoffman Boots

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Give the Hoffman Explorer a try. Same type / class of boot as the Mountain Extreme but with a more flexible mid-sole to help keep the heel seated. Great fitting boot that has solved a lot of this type of problem.

Attachments

• 2 pair.jpg
    2 pair.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 15
Terrible heel slip for me... Running Lowas and Hanwags with Sheepfeet and they work awesome...

skeptic

FNG
I picked up a pair of Hardscrabbles and own 2 pair of MTN extremes. I guess I didn't know this post existed., I made a separate post regarding my heel blisters. I am going to "break in" my Hardscrabbles another 50-60 miles before I throw in the towel. When I tried on the Mtn Extemes, they felt perfect and had almost zero break in for me. These boots seem to be constructed differently. To their credit, Kenetrek has been great to deal with though.

Tried Kennetreks in the past and it seemed the heel cup in the boot actually moved around - not sure if I got a defective pair or what was going on but I just returned them and never looked back.

Scarpa, Zamberlin and Crispi are what I am running now, no heel lift issues in any of them....oh and one pair of meindls that are plank stiff that I have crampons for that one pair.

They did not work for me either. I just prefer more flex in a boot. They really seemed to mess up my feet.
I have a pair of corrie hikers that seem to work alittle better.
Same here, it was a pretty fast “hell no!” For me with hardscrabbles, there will never be a scenario where I need a boot like that… maybe for a work boot in some scenarios, but still a no thanks for me

I know many love them, I land on the other side of that

westonhoma

Lil-Rokslider
I had the non insulated and not so much heel slop but I ultimately gave up on them as well as for me, I just didnt feel athletic in them. I felt like they were heavy on my feet and there was a lot of distance between the bottom of my bare foot and the ground. Never felt balanced and just felt slow. I went the other way completely with the crispi colorados. A light synthetic boot with not a very high ankle support seems to work best for me

ttmannan

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a pair of Kenetreks and loved them, wore out the soles on the heels in 200 miles just beating the pavement and dirt roads around my house with only about 300 feet of incline on a 3 mile loop, no heel slip. I sent them in for rebuild, got them back and put just over 63 miles on them when, on a mountain hike they started separating.
I contacted Kenetrek who sent me a return label, repaired them for free and is cutting a check for the rebuild I paid for. These things happen sometimes. It's how the company responds that is important to me (and the fit) and Kenetrek responded well.

Unfortunately I head to Kodiak before I will have my Kenetreks back but their customer service was amazing and responsive. I had to scramble to get new boots and I went with Lathrop and Sons. Fantastic boots but man you will pay for them!

I can't say the heel slip was problematic for me with their boots, but they bruised the crap out of my achilles heel and triggered heel bursitis the first time I wore them in steep country with a heavy pack. I couldn't bend my foot when climbing without excruciating pain. It made for an "interesting" 7 days of chasing alpine mule deer.

They did not work for me. I have narrow bony heels and wider fore-foot. Meindl Perfekt Hunter and Hiker boots are what I use. Renamed after Cabelas went away with the Bass pro buyout, but I understand still available from Meindl US in Nebraska.

Mike 338

WKR
Used them about 4 years. Massive heel blisters due to sloppiness in the heel area. Maybe Italian men have meaty heels or something. Also, not a deal breaker but my foot seemed to role more-so than step. It felt weird. I never wear them anymore but keep them around incase I need a backup.

I stump around in Lowa's now.