Who else has caught the Rona?

BroncoAZ

FNG
I tested positive on 9/17, both rapid and PCR tests. I was vaccinated with Pfizer in April and May. I had some seasonal allergy symptoms (congestion and mild runny nose) a few days prior to getting tested. I only got tested because my chiro’s office called and said he tested positive. My allergy symptoms didn’t persist after the date of my test and nobody in my home or at my work tested positive, they were all vaccinated too. My 80 year old parents live with us, so I was concerned. I quarantined away from my folks and work for 10 days per MA regulations.

I got lucky and had no issues. I’ve had some friends experience the multi week horror stories.

zacattack

WKR
I may have had it back in January of 2020. We had a large international conference that I got super sick after. I remember barely being able to walk up the stairs in our house without stopping for a rest. Of course this was super early on and nobody knew much.

Rob5589

WKR
My aunt and her husband have it. He's on a vent, likely to die. They aren't vaxxed. They were afraid, which is ironic with all the shit they put in their bodies when younger. Which is a big factor why he is unlikely to live; multiple MI's, stents, CABG, CHF, etc. My aunt is very sick but more than likely to pull through. Both late 60's, maybe early 70's.

Interesting enough, they were scared shitless of the Vid and have no idea where they got it. Masks, hermits at home, work from home, etc. Would the vax have helped? Based on what I've personally seen I'm guessing a solid, maybe.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wife and kids had it two months ago while we were on vacation. We were spending a few days sailing on her brothers boat so no internet to check emails, later on found out that our youngest was in direct contact at gymnastics. He brother and I were the only two vaccinated and we didn’t have any symptoms. It ran through them one by one (weird, you’d think there would be an overlap). Thankfully nothing serious but my wife had lack of energy for three weeks, oldest lost taste and smell for about a month. Who knows if my vaccine worked or I’m just fortunate, her brother had covid about five months before his vaccine so in theory he should be very immune. When he did have it his symptoms were just like a bad cold plus no energy for a while after the other symptoms stopped. The four of them sharing genetics could explain why they all had very similar symptoms and the kids being young had less severe symptoms. My wife made a point that we were in Florida when they got sick and had we been at home in Colorado the altitude and wildfire smoke probably would have made breathing much more difficult.

I believe I came down with the vid over my archery hunt this year. I attributed everything to altitude as we up around 11k all week. I felt like crap, lost my appetite, body aches, diarrhea, zero energy. Of course I just loaded up the ibuprofen and pressed on. Got home and was still zero energy with no smell or taste. Wife tested positive and had my same symptoms. She is pretty good now although no smell or taste. Neighbor who is vaccinated is down with worse symptoms than us. Crazy stuff out there.

Clarence

WKR
Texted positive 10 days ago, after spending a day training a guy at work, who went down with it the following day. He lives with his parents. Dad had it the week before, and his mom had it the weekend before. Dirtbag didn't think it was pertinent information. Wife had to miss a weekend away with girlfriends, boy is out of school quarantined. 1 persons choices affect much and many. Fortunately it has not infected any other of my family. Had a fever for 3 days, but biggest issue is lack of energy. Doing anything right now is a fight. Hoping it comes back soon. Lost taste and smell on day 7. Went on a ruck last night for 2 miles, and lost quite a bit of strength and stamina. 27 days til I leave for Co elk camp. I have my work cut out to get to where I need to be!

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Kronos

FNG
Just got a positive test result this morning. Had a mild fever for 2 days with some sinus pressure; after the 2nd day I felt fully recovered. I did some 3-6 mile runs and hikes up mountains when I had symptoms with no issue. It's been a big nothing burger. Not vaccinated and now I won't be getting vaccinated for sure since I know my immune system handles it like a walk through the park.

Last edited:
Just got a positive test result this morning. Had a mild fever for 2 days with some sinus pressure; after the 2nd day I felt fully recovered. I did some 3-6 mile runs and hikes up mountains when I had symptoms with no issue. It's been a big nothing burger. Not vaccinated and now I won't be getting vaccinated for sure since I know my immune system handles it like a walk through the park.
Same story here, glad to know I’m not the only selfish, irresponsible person out there 🤣. And now vax mandates sweeping the country. Crazy times.

Okhotnik

WKR
Well, I think it's over for us... about a week and a half of no smell, light headache/body aches, and occasional cough/hobby trots. Wasn't sleeping very well at night but hard to say if that's related. Got a prescription for IVM (21 mg/day), all the symptoms cleared up within 2 days. My youngest boy had very little trouble and rest of the family never tested positive.
Funny how well that horse dewormers aint it? Knocked mine down in 2 days too

Tbonespop

Lil-Rokslider
This is running through my in-laws currently. Anyone have any OTC remedies that helped ease some of the symptoms?
In addition to the Quercetin, zinc, vitamin regimen mentioned. I also highly recommend the following for chest congestion.

Order a nebulizer from Amazon (and don't wait until you need it because if you start to get chest congestion it can come on quick). Then use colloidal silver in it with breathing treatments. Get the 10 ppm concentration of colloidal silver and dilute to 1 ppm. Do multiple breathing treatments with the nebulizer using the colloidal silver in the mist. This will knock out the chest congestion in 1-2 days (or less). Including my wife, I know 3 people who were on the verge of going into the hospital due to lack of being able to breath, and as a last ditch effort the nebulizer with colloidal silver saved them from going in and getting a vent.

MtGomer

WKR
For those that believe that treatments other than ventilators and death certificates may be something other than conspiracy theories, this is a good resource, developed by some very highly qualified physicians with the data to back it up.
https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/FLCCC-Protocols-–-A-Guide-to-the-Management-of-COVID-19.pdf

I just came down to Portland,Or. to help out an ICU down here for a couple weeks, and it’s some pretty crazy shit. I thought we had it bad in Alaska (and we do), but it’s nothing like this place. 25 people have died in the last 4 weeks in this unit alone, and there’s no end in sight. Pretty much everyone that I’m seeing that are getting sick enough to end up in an ICU, and die, are unvaccinated. No politics here, just my observations. A couple days ago I went and visited my 82 year old father in southern Oregon, and he absolutely refuses to get vaccinated or comply with any thing that our “left wing communist government” tries to mandate. I can’t say that I disagree with many of his beliefs, and I feel like he’s probably one of the most intelligent people I know, but I do believe he’s wrong in this case. Fingers crossed that my pop is making the right decisions. Here’s a picture of his front door.
3a53d33fe520501fd9b49c53838664bb.jpg

b9a33ed654f6012fda0684abaa5111b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mtn_Nomad

Lil-Rokslider
Finally getting over it. Had symptoms ranging from coughing, headaches, vomiting, loss of smell, lack of appetite, and everything else. Trying to get my strength and energy back. Lost 10lbs. It was pretty rough

Fatcamp

WKR
Continue to see younger patients with fewer comorbidities. And people who have been prescribed Ivermectin. Very few hospitalized patients have the vaccine.

The tragic stories continue but at this point we have all become hardened to it. I don't care whether people are vaccinated or not but it sucks when they are hospitalized with Covid and continue to rail against the commies in charge and deny they have a Covid infection. The latest one is that the vaccine(commie vaccine) is what is actually spreading the infection and infecting people. Delusional. Like, where would you even get that idea at? Is there a central gathering spot for Covid conspiracies or something?