Who else has caught the Rona?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I have gone down hill quite a bit in the last 24 hours. So much stuff on line- struggling with what is the best course of action. Oxygen is at 91-93, feel really weak. No appetite. Would welcome a PM out two from guys in the know. Thanks
My O2 saturation levels are what was the most weird through both bouts of Covid. I have asthma and I routinely check my O2 levels. In the last 6 years I hadn't seen a reading over 95......possibly maybe it would hit 96 every now and then. But back in December when my lungs were at their worst and I was hunched over sitting on the edge of my bed thinking I was close to going to the hospital, O2 readings were 97-98%.....all week. Then after I got over Covid, they were back to 94-95 consistently when my lungs felt good. Then when I picked it up again earlier this month and my lungs got really bad again.......levels at 97-98. Now that they're better the levels are back to 94-95. I can't figure that one out.

NDGuy

WKR
My O2 saturation levels are what was the most weird through both bouts of Covid. I have asthma and I routinely check my O2 levels. In the last 6 years I hadn't seen a reading over 95......possibly maybe it would hit 96 every now and then. But back in December when my lungs were at their worst and I was hunched over sitting on the edge of my bed thinking I was close to going to the hospital, O2 readings were 97-98%.....all week. Then after I got over Covid, they were back to 94-95 consistently when my lungs felt good. Then when I picked it up again earlier this month and my lungs got really bad again.......levels at 97-98. Now that they're better the levels are back to 94-95. I can't figure that one out.
You must have super powers Covid makes you stronger lol that is weird as hell.

Finch

WKR

Was your 2nd bout of Covid more mild or the same as when you had it in December?

rino

FNG
I got it in December. Wife got found out earlier that day so I was sortof crossing my fingers I got it so we could stay within 6 feet :)

I worked through it...for me it felt equivelint to the first day of a cold (congestion wise) and the first day of a flu (onset of ache in my neck, upper back, legs). I lost sense of smell. After a week I seemed to get better

An now...The Rest of the Story

Going on 9 months now and my sense of smell is wacked still. I can barely smell whiskey if I smell the bottle. Coffee brewing in the kitchen is the most horrid, foreign smell I've ever encountered. I haven't had much coffee since spring. Shampoo that normally has a coconut smell smells wierd, like apple/something. Many foods taste wierd. I've put on 20# as the carbs, meats and cheeses are the least wierd smell wise...have to force myself to eat right. SUCKS

Alive and kicking though. Heading out this weekend for some scouting...hopefully I can smell some pine trees and elk funk.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Was your 2nd bout of Covid more mild or the same as when you had it in December?
More mild. No fever, slight cough, general fatigue for a couple days, and that intense pain in my chest that I had for both bouts. Felt like my entire chest cavity was hurting......with movement, and with a full breath in. The chest pain lingers. I was still seeing a doctor and had a CT scan for it in March......didn't show anything, but the pain was still there. This time around I still feel it mildly.......just to know that the pain is there mostly with twisting my upper body around. Not as bad lingering as the first bout. I couldn't even lay on my side when it hurt the worst, and even stomach and back was painful. It was best when upright. The first bout I also had pain like my lungs were on fire on the inside, didn't get that with Delta.

Last edited:
Coffee brewing in the kitchen is the most horrid, foreign smell I've ever encountered.

That's what tipped me off that something was up, coffee all the sudden tasted TERRIBLE.

This go around is much worse for me. My doctor is considering am infusion tomorrow if my numbers don't improve. Just spoke with them. Hopefully that works.

I'd ask about a steroid to see if they will prescribe with the infusion. Dex or prednisone seem to be what folks talk about. I popped a prednisone that I had and felt better in 12 hours. But my case was decidedly mild.

Finch

WKR
More mild. No fever, slight cough, general fatigue for a couple days, and that intense pain in my chest that I had for both bouts. Felt like my entire chest cavity was hurting......with movement, and with a full breath in. The chest pain lingers. I was still seeing a doctor and had a CT scan for it in March......didn't show anything, but the pain was still there. This time around I still feel it mildly.......just to know that the pain is there mostly with twisting my upper body around. Not as bad lingering as the first bout. I couldn't even lay on my side when it hurt the worst, and even stomach and back was painful. It was best when upright. The first bout I also had pain like my lungs were on fire on the inside, didn't get that with Delta.
Damn... hope you continue to recover!

I had it at the end of last month. First night was tough. After that it wasn't bad at all. Really bad fatigue was the worst of it for me. It could have been a lot worse.

Rob5589

WKR
The smell and taste thing is crazy. I spoke to a lady who still had it 10 months later. She could smell normally but said everything tasted like salt, she detects almost nothing else flavor wise. Must be annoying as hell.

Crghss

Lil-Rokslider
I called dive shop to go diving this weekend. I usually dive a nitrox mix of 36% oxygen. Dive shops says nope only giving 32% O. Need to ration our O so hospitals have enough for patients.

Now that’s crazy.

My wife and I both tested positive 3 weeks ago.

I lost taste and smell and had a real bad cough, my wife lost taste and smell and had no sickness she is also 5 months pregnant. My 3 year old daughter was also around us and she showed no signs of sickness.

Burnsie

Lil-Rokslider
Had it November 2020 right before Thanksgiving, the whole family had it. Daughter and Son in early 20's hardly any symptoms. My wife and I felt like crap for a week, body aches, extreme fatigue, headache. I went back to work as soon as my quarantine was done, but still felt pretty lousy for another week. As of 8/26/21 I still do not have my taste or smell back.

legend921

FNG
Wife and I had it in March. Wife barely had any symptoms but hit me hard for a day or two. Losing my taste was weird and lasted about 2 weeks. Our small town seemed to get hit all at once around that time.

The loss of taste and smell is a scary one. It's not like other colds or a sinus infection where it's caused from inflammation, or congestion, in the sinuses. It's caused from actual brain damage and loss of grey matter in the front part of the brain. It will be interesting to see what that manifests into 10 years from now for the people it affected. Brain scans are showing it looks very similar to what dementia looks like early on. Hopefully it doesn't end up that bad for you guys a couple years from now.

The loss of taste and smell is a scary one. It's not like other colds or a sinus infection where it's caused from inflammation, or congestion, in the sinuses. It's caused from actual brain damage and loss of grey matter in the front part of the brain. It will be interesting to see what that manifests into 10 years from now for the people it affected. Brain scans are showing it looks very similar to what dementia looks like early on. Hopefully it doesn't end up that bad for you guys a couple years from now.

Did a quick search and can’t confirm all of this. A few articles say that the virus may gain entry to the CNS through the olfactory nerves and supporting cells. ACE2 is certainly present in the brain, so it’s plausible.

Take your vitamin d, everyone. And get some sun.

Did a quick search and can’t confirm all of this. A few articles say that the virus may gain entry to the CNS through the olfactory nerves and supporting cells. ACE2 is certainly present in the brain, so it’s plausible.

Take your vitamin d, everyone. And get some sun.
I probably killed most of those brain cells in the 90s...

Feeling better today, son is bouncing off the wall for the fourth day in a row.