Who is counting the days until the Elk Antlers hit the ground?

Every day! I won't really start hitting the elk hard until the end of March at least, but I'll start on deer at the end of February. It's worse than being a little kid and waiting for Christmas!
That's really different country from what I pick them up in. Cool clip, thanks for sharing.

GOnDEEP

Lil-Rokslider
Oh I have to silence Avery's cries at night from dreaming about finding those big ole brown beasts. You know we're just counting down the seconds until its go time.

kingfisher

Lil-Rokslider
I am heading to Central Montana in late may. Are there still many on the ground at this time?

coop2424

WKR
I can't wait!! Have not had the bug like this for a long time.... At this point there is just one bulls sheds I want to find but any others will just be outstanding.. I heard there was a guy that drives a Fj around that finds a good amount of elk sheds so I may trail him a bit also.. :)

OP
Ross

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've seen that fj guy he is one crazy mofo and seldom seen in person....if you need assistance I will be happy to lead a path to them:) kingfisher the elk bone will be hitting the ground in a few weeks and all will be on the ground by early May....late May depending on difficulty of area will have boot trax!