Who is moose hunting 2023?

medvedyt

Lil-Rokslider

MQQSE

FNG
Our larger gear has been shipped and received at our destination. We will finish the final packing of what we are taking tomorrow and begin our trek north on 8/31. Hard to believe we are already back at it. It seems to take forever to get here until the final week arrives.

Good luck to everyone else.

medvedyt

Lil-Rokslider
for us around whitehorse moose are starting to be in the valley cows and calves are there and the young bulls too. soon enough the bigger ones as well but the snow we had few weeks on the mountains is gone unless you are going higher up or farther north. it is a stange fall so far only one night with frost no snow and black flies are in huge number: no frost. cant wait to put the canoe on the river.

Leaving for Maine next week on my first moose hunt. I am getting more excited all the time. Hunt starts on the 25th. I have zone 2 .

MQQSE

FNG
Son and I took these bulls on 9/7 and 9/8 on our annual drop hunt. I pleaded with him to not shoot the bull on 9/8 as we were still in process of packing out my bull. He didn’t care what Dad said, and I don’t blame him. :)

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
Son and I took these bulls on 9/7 and 9/8 on our annual drop hunt. I pleaded with him to not shoot the bull on 9/8 as we were still in process of packing out my bull. He didn’t care what Dad said, and I don’t blame him. :)

Congrats! Alaska?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottf270

WKR
MQQSE, I wouldn't have cared what you said at that time either....lol!!
Great moose. Good to see Missouri boys getting it done!!

Great job fellas!! So awesome to see both of you successful! How was the weather out there? How far were the packouts?

MQQSE

FNG
Great job fellas!! So awesome to see both of you successful! How was the weather out there? How far were the packouts?
Both bulls were back toward base of mountain, but we could navigate them to a creek. Then we had to deal with all the beaver dams. Caught some grayling though! Overall each moose moved about 1.5-2 miles.

Both bulls were back toward base of mountain, but we could navigate them to a creek. Then we had to deal with all the beaver dams. Caught some grayling though! Overall each moose moved about 1.5-2 miles.
Dang that’s a long ways…. Even if they were floated. How was the weather?

MQQSE

FNG
Dang that’s a long ways…. Even if they were floated. How was the weather?
Absolutely stunning. A true rarity. My son will put together a video of the trip in the coming weeks and if I remember, I’ll drop the link in here.

Good luck to everyone who is out hunting.