Who is this weasel??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdesert10

Lil-Rokslider
His LinkedIn still lists "Environmental Lead" at Sitka Inc. as a present position. As well as editor at that hipster BS magazine "Modern Huntsman".

Okhotnik

WKR
His LinkedIn still lists "Environmental Lead" at Sitka Inc. as a present position. As well as editor at that hipster BS magazine "Modern Huntsman".

Checked out his online hunting mag

So a young urban hipster from Berkeley moves to Montana instantly transforms himself and his wife on social media to be Uber rugged Montana outdoorsmen( no work or skill required just a bunch of foolish Instagram pics) and suddenly is out to change the “narrative of hunting”. Meaning this young inexperienced Instagram sensation wants to dictate to others what hunting should be. Like ending certain forms and methods of hunting , some centuries old and part of our culture, of hunting and wildlife management and espousing firearms limits

Hasn’t Montana been ruined enough by progressive people moving out from California?

Great job of hiring him

Who’s next Ingrid newkirk of PETA as the animal liaison?

sneaky

"DADDY"
Checked out his online hunting mag

So a young urban hipster from Berkeley moves to Montana instantly transforms himself and his wife on social media to be Uber rugged Montana outdoorsmen( no work or skill required just a bunch of foolish Instagram pics) and suddenly is out to change the “narrative of hunting”. Meaning this young inexperienced Instagram sensation wants to dictate to others what hunting should be. Like ending certain forms and methods of hunting , some centuries old and part of our culture, of hunting and wildlife management and espousing firearms limits

Hasn’t Montana been ruined enough by progressive people moving out from California?

Great job of hiring him

Who’s next Ingrid newkirk of PETA as the animal liaison?
I think they are waiting til after the first of the year to announce her hiring

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WhiteOak

Lil-Rokslider
Honestly I'm not for sure if they did fire him or not from the context I read it seemed they had.. maybe they won't and to be completely objective I'm not sure that it would make sense for them.

I have a few thought on the situation and cant really decide one way or the other here are some things to consider and I do think it is good to take a step back and look at the whole situation and not just get caught up in being mad at sitka for hiring the guy...
Coming from the Philadelphia area I am all too familiar with that hipster shit and although they are walking contradictions, spending an exorbitant amount of money to appear homeless they have had a few good impacts on the city.

They have revived a few run down inner city neighborhoods I'm talking ghettos and started a whole new housing market and economy opened up numerous restaurants and the like making places that were to be avoided 10 years ago into weird hipster neighborhoods that brought something to the city. Shit they somehow even drove up the price on PBR. Eithey way they now make up a huge market.

Now consider this Sitka is first and foremost in the business of making money just as any for profit company. Each year sales must be higher than the next to be successful in the long run. If they see this new hipster hunter or "modern huntsman" whatever the hell that is that is a new huge market for them hipsters have a shit ton of money and the desire to be on the next hip trend. Does sitka still try and break into this market promoting thier lines to these new modern huntsman's lol. Or do they cut themselves off from that market to appease the customers they've already sold to. I know our money means a lot to us but for a corporation they just see $$$. All emotions aside what makes the most sense for thier bottom line.

As for the Charles post guy. He definatly stuck his foot in his mouth and I'm sure he knows it. Maybe his true motivations have yet to be seen or maybe this modern huntsman bs is some hipster movement trying to make hunting thier own, I know its annoying as shit but here is a question that I have been thinking about...

If there is a very large group of people wanting to become these gd modern huntsman even though they have some differing views on whatever the hell they are told is a hot topic, is that net positive for hunting in general or is this a step down the wrong path. A lot of hip lookong to be hunters to be recruited. I wouldn't worry too much about competition out there, they will likely be too busy taking vanity pictures to get on any hunting.

Looking for a thoughtful discussion here, I think this is definatly deeper than blaming sitka for hiring this guy. If the modern huntsman are here to stay is that good for hunting in general or are we doomed... between gun rights, hunting, different methods and animals we hunt there is so much to consider. What say you? I do not know, i do firmly beleive social media will be the downfall of civilization but not sure what we can do about that.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Honestly I'm not for sure if they did fire him or not from the context I read it seemed they had.. maybe they won't and to be completely objective I'm not sure that it would make sense for them.

I have a few thought on the situation and cant really decide one way or the other here are some things to consider and I do think it is good to take a step back and look at the whole situation and not just get caught up in being mad at sitka for hiring the guy...
Coming from the Philadelphia area I am all too familiar with that hipster shit and although they are walking contradictions, spending an exorbitant amount of money to appear homeless they have had a few good impacts on the city.

They have revived a few run down inner city neighborhoods I'm talking ghettos and started a whole new housing market and economy opened up numerous restaurants and the like making places that were to be avoided 10 years ago into weird hipster neighborhoods that brought something to the city. Shit they somehow even drove up the price on PBR. Eithey way they now make up a huge market.

Now consider this Sitka is first and foremost in the business of making money just as any for profit company. Each year sales must be higher than the next to be successful in the long run. If they see this new hipster hunter or "modern huntsman" whatever the hell that is that is a new huge market for them hipsters have a shit ton of money and the desire to be on the next hip trend. Does sitka still try and break into this market promoting thier lines to these new modern huntsman's lol. Or do they cut themselves off from that market to appease the customers they've already sold to. I know our money means a lot to us but for a corporation they just see $$$. All emotions aside what makes the most sense for thier bottom line.

As for the Charles post guy. He definatly stuck his foot in his mouth and I'm sure he knows it. Maybe his true motivations have yet to be seen or maybe this modern huntsman bs is some hipster movement trying to make hunting thier own, I know its annoying as shit but here is a question that I have been thinking about...

If there is a very large group of people wanting to become these gd modern huntsman even though they have some differing views on whatever the hell they are told is a hot topic, is that net positive for hunting in general or is this a step down the wrong path. A lot of hip lookong to be hunters to be recruited. I wouldn't worry too much about competition out there, they will likely be too busy taking vanity pictures to get on any hunting.

Looking for a thoughtful discussion here, I think this is definatly deeper than blaming sitka for hiring this guy. If the modern huntsman are here to stay is that good for hunting in general or are we doomed... between gun rights, hunting, different methods and animals we hunt there is so much to consider. What say you? I do not know, i do firmly beleive social media will be the downfall of civilization but not sure what we can do about that.
Does this modern "huntsman" paling around with the vocal anti hunting crowd not cause you pause for concern? I could care less what he's supposedly done to promote hunting to the douche canoe hipster crowd. That'll certainly be a reason for me to look into other brands than to be even remotely associated with that nonsense.

Renovating slums into astronomically priced housing areas doesn't really benefit anyone other than those with disposable income. As Dolly Parton once said "it takes a whole lot of money to look this cheap".

At this point all I, or anyone else can do, is to wait for Sitka to pull their head out of the sand and properly address this. That's looking like a pipe dream at this point. One thing for certain, I'll ask them face to face at the trade shows, and see if they give the same response they've been giving on social media.

tdhanses

WKR

Do these hipsters believe in the NA game management plan? Will they try to morph it into an emotion? Do they support all wildlife conservation or what is cool on a given day? Do they understand the right to bare arms covers all arms?

Just a few basic questions that come to mind when I think about these “new” or “modern” hipster hunters. While I would agree that it is always great to increase our numbers, I don’t if in the long run they change it and give up “emotional” aspects for their current moods. To me these are “fad” hunters if they even hunt, they are like the individual that starts a new hobby cause it is what all the cool kids are doing only to drop it a few years later with almost zero personally invested.

So I’m torn because they could easily damage hunting as much as help it. How do they feel on trapping and bear baiting, predator management overall? What forums of hunting are acceptable? What groups do they associate with? Seriously how does a guy like Post even know the poster boy for HSUS, do you think Randy Newberg or Cory Jacobson know and would make a video with anti-hunting groups or their members?

Really our country is at a tipping point where if we don’t let our voice known things as we know it “traditions” and “right” will change quickly and we’ll be dreaming of the good old days. Change does happen but hunters have historically sat back and just assumed it’ll all be ok, maybe from fear of offending those in the middle that are not pro or anti hunting. Hard to say what impact they’ll have but it will not help if the majority of hunters stay quiet, I’ve even seen it on this forum, some just think this is like all times previous and nothing will change, hunting will go on.

One of our largest voices is our spending and if we let corporations know we’ll not support them if they don’t support us, we’ll thatll send a clear message. Being in the hunting industry, Sitka should have never associated with a guy like Post, they may regret that long term but my guess is people will forget and Sitka will only have a short term issue.

Last edited:

Dusty2426

WKR
Does this modern "huntsman" paling around with the vocal anti hunting crowd not cause you pause for concern? I could care less what he's supposedly done to promote hunting to the douche canoe hipster crowd. That'll certainly be a reason for me to look into other brands than to be even remotely associated with that nonsense.

Renovating slums into astronomically priced housing areas doesn't really benefit anyone other than those with disposable income. As Dolly Parton once said "it takes a whole lot of money to look this cheap".

At this point all I, or anyone else can do, is to wait for Sitka to pull their head out of the sand and properly address this. That's looking like a pipe dream at this point. One thing for certain, I'll ask them face to face at the trade shows, and see if they give the same response they've been giving on social media.

Don’t kid yourself. You will get a generic answer. They are looking at sales points from time of incident until after Christmas. If sales are up they will plot it into a formula spreadsheet and play the risk vs reward game. Hunters will not ever stand together on issues. And will always sell there rights to the best status symbol. There are several equally as well designed clothing/gear manufacturers that will stand up for hunters but because having Sitka gear is a “look at me I can afford the good stuff” stigma people will support them

Titan_Bow

WKR

As much as it pains me to say it, I think most of these new IG hipster hunters are probably better for hunting than worse. Most tend to carry a theme of healthy living, compassion and reverence for nature, etc. So what if we all know it’s BS, to their tens of thousands of followers (who are most likely nonhunters to begin with) it paints a much better picture than old fat rednecks drinking beer and shootin’ deer. The big plus is that when opening day of elk season roles around, they are sticking close to the major trails in their matching camo taking selfies at sunrise , which leaves more opportunity for the rest of us that have been doing this since before the internet was a thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dusty2426

WKR
As much as it pains me to say it, I think most of these new IG hipster hunters are probably better for hunting than worse. Most tend to carry a theme of healthy living, compassion and reverence for nature, etc. So what if we all know it’s BS, to their tens of thousands of followers (who are most likely nonhunters to begin with) it paints a much better picture than old fat rednecks drinking beer and shootin’ deer. The big plus is that when opening day of elk season roles around, they are sticking close to the major trails in their matching camo taking selfies at sunrise , which leaves more opportunity for the rest of us that have been doing this since before the internet was a thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More opportunities to “shoot em with a camera” give em inch at a time and it won’t hurt as much mentality

WhiteOak

Lil-Rokslider
Does this modern "huntsman" paling around with the vocal anti hunting crowd not cause you pause for concern? /QUOTE]
Yes it absolutely does. That's why I think it warrants more discussion than being pissed at sitka.

Renovating slums into astronomically priced housing areas doesn't really benefit anyone other than those with disposable income. /QUOTE]
Your right they should just stay slums.

tdhanses

WKR
More opportunities to “shoot em with a camera” give em inch at a time and it won’t hurt as much mentality

Exactly and the hipsters are more likely to move from hunter to “shoot em with a camera” mindsets.

Dusty2426

WKR
Exactly and the hipsters are more likely to move from hunter to “shoot em with a camera” mindsets.

Yes. Going to attack from within. In it for the long game. Get in the community do a few “unsuccessful” hunts. Call themselves “hunters” and wear Sitka gear. Switch to cameras still wear Sitka gear and who cares Sitka still sells gear so they are happy.

tdhanses

WKR
Yes. Going to attack from within. In it for the long game. Get in the community do a few “unsuccessful” hunts. Call themselves “hunters” and wear Sitka gear. Switch to cameras still wear Sitka gear and who cares Sitka still sells gear so they are happy.

But hey, maybe they’ll prove us wrong and their lifestyle isn’t just a fad or phase and 20yrs from now they’ll still be living how they are today. Really it’s early in the hipster movement but the grunge phase didn’t last but 10years or so before it faded?

jspradley

WKR
Do yall really, truly, legitimately, super for reals believe that Sitka is going anti 2A and anti-hunting?

The hipster hunter thing has been going on for close to a decade now, I don't think it's going any where. I know it's different and that's scary but sometimes folks who look different aren't automatically against you.

tdhanses

WKR
Do yall really, truly, legitimately, super for reals believe that Sitka is going anti 2A and anti-hunting?

The hipster hunter thing has been going on for close to a decade now, I don't think it's going any where. I know it's different and that's scary but sometimes folks who look different aren't automatically against you.

No I don’t but it makes you wonder if they believe somethings should be restricted. Has it really been 10 years of hipsters hunting? Seems more like 3 that it’s become mainstream.

Dusty2426

WKR

I believe they are hedging their bets and leaving the door open Incase we get a super liberal administration “super for reals” climbing that fence for a ride on either side

Status
Not open for further replies.