Who's ready to Jump?

Okhotnik

WKR
The bond market has been pricing in some sort of slowdown even before this virus appeared. So even without the virus something was on the horizon it didn't like. I've been waiting for this pullback since early January, but was expecting the normal garden variety 7-8% pullback. I went to all cash in my Roth in early Feb and about 50% cash in my other accounts. So I might start nibbling here soon. I actually bought a couple things yesterday at the close.

I picked up some Exxon stock on Thursday. I pulled out of market last fall. Sitting on a bunch of cash now waiting for deals.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I picked up some Exxon stock on Thursday.

Exxon has a great dividend, but I'm not a fan of their flailing chemical side of the business. I bought some Diamondback Energy yesterday at the open and some Chevron a little bit later as well.....also some MSFT. Also jumped back into some Home Depot later in the day, was surprised to see how much they had dropped. I added a bunch to my Gilead two weeks ago.........I guess I should have sold them at the open on Thursday. Oh well. I'm not convinced that the market is done dropping, but I'll be looking for long term bargains this week.

Jaker_cc

WKR
We should wait until after tags are announced in Western states and then Quarantine all states East of the Mississippi River + entire state of Texas

Lol, being from Texas I don’t like this plan. But if I was from anywhere out west I’d be on board

Jaker_cc

WKR
Wear this when you travel and you should be fine

01a6467f6bf5b1afab1bc452e685bf9a.jpg

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Stay home and put a 'Beware: Kung Flu Zone' sign on the door.... :love:

You may be on to something. That will probably work better than the "No Soliciting" sign we have on the door. Apparently nobody even knows what that means anymore. Perhaps a deadly virus zone sign will work better.

Beendare

WKR
My guess is stocks will rebound in one or 2 quarters....so I'm averaging in on the way down as I went to 70% in cash in Jan.

Oil stocks...good dividend payers but I think they have further to fall. I'm watching OXY as its fallen hard due to the Anadarko buyout outbidding Chevron at a premium just recently. Take a look at what they paid...then look at what both stocks are valued at today. Wow.

The folks I follow on oil think it will hit $40 a barrel which is getting into critical make or break range for many oil companies. IMO, Then its time to buy if you have a couple year time horizon.

_____

Beendare

WKR
One of the best pieces of advice I've seen on investing;

Just because there is an event in the market doesn't mean you need to make a change in your long term investments.

Monday morning, Markets up across the board, 800 points 2.5%.

I wouldn't expect a straight up trajectory from here....prepare for some bumps.

_____

Scrappy

WKR
Screenshot_20200302-123445_Chrome.jpg
Boy did I miss out on the market today. Scared the crap out of me the first time I clicked on the link. I have no idea what is going on but when I click on the webpage the market is double for a few seconds. I was ready to leave work and retire.

Big difference in being an investor and a trader. I think people get into trouble by forgetting which they are. I know have...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Billinsd

WKR
I`m not trying to be disrespectful here. However, I have learned in my old age to never say never. We must stay on top of things.
I never believed Obama would get elected once, yet lightning struck the US twice. Bernie "could" get elected. It's frightening that someone like him can get more than 5% of Democrats.

I never believed Obama would get elected once, yet lightning struck the US twice. Bernie "could" get elected. It's frightening that someone like him can get more than 5% of Democrats.

Obama running for his second term is the reason I registered and finally started voting. He won anyway. Ashamed I did not vote way sooner.

SoDaky

WKR
Make your 'calls'(pun intended)as I Phones are flying out of China again.Soon full production.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Big difference in being an investor and a trader. I think people get into trouble by forgetting which they are. I know have...

I'm both, but you definitely need to delineate that for each purchase, whether it's a long-term investment or a trade. I have separate accounts for both so that they aren't combined.