Why are hunt clothing web sites so bad?

Chesapeake

Lil-Rokslider
WOW, I thought I was the only one. I bought a first lite base 200 something a few weeks back and I dang near gave up trying to navigate the mess they have for a site. Only reason I kept clicking is cause I have an older first lite base that I really like and wanted another.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I’ve built and helped build a lot of websites. Sitka’s layout is probably the worst I’ve ever seen period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
At minimum Sitka needs to stop having multiple listings of the same product just to show every color/pattern it’s available in.
At least their product names can be spelled and pronounced.

Sitka’s is terrible, it was better before they made the “upgrade.” Whoever thought those changes were an improvement is delusional.

Clarktar

WKR
I’ve built and helped build a lot of websites. Sitka’s layout is probably the worst I’ve ever seen period.

Agreed. Hard to understand how someone would think that is an upgrade...just use the site once before you roll it out and it should be obvious!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
It's not just Sitka or even hunting clothes websites........it's most retail websites these days. Come to think of it........even my banking websites have gone to crap. They used to be so easy, upfront, intuitive.......and now it's like pulling your own teeth trying to figure out how to find something on there.

Now that states are charging sales tax on internet orders, perhaps there's just a push to get us back to buying local and avoiding internet shopping, or navigation.

dtrkyman

WKR
First lite site is awful! Sitka is not much better, I use other sites to shop Sitka stuff!

Kuiu is pretty straight forward.

Trial153

WKR
I hate the changes they made to the sitka that said I ordered just about every they make. So I had a 2018 catalog delivered. It on my office desk. I search the catalog another just search by name on the site.
Looking forward to the 2019 line

Shraggs

WKR
So glad fellow hunters hate this websites as much as I do!

It’s everywhere, other on line retailers, stupid systems in cars (unsafe by the way to tap 6 times to get to fm radio), even my massive employer.

The millennials have entered the work force putting their life long experience of technology use to work, not realizing I’m not hap hazard, indecisive, have ADD or need help in my deciding from a computer.

No offense to mellennial hunters who don’t think like a phone 😀

ozyclint

WKR
i can't believe they don't all have clothing categories for 'northeastern whitetail archery opener', '2nd period western elk muzzleloader', 'late season alaska moose/caribou rifle' and 'accessories for mid-west sept mule deer archery spot and stalk'.

Diesel

WKR
i can't believe they don't all have clothing categories for 'northeastern whitetail archery opener', '2nd period western elk muzzleloader', 'late season alaska moose/caribou rifle' and 'accessories for mid-west sept mule deer archery spot and stalk'.

That's rich, real rich. Got a good laugh out of that one.

That said, well made clothing that fits the need is like a fitted shotgun. Yeah, you can kill with any shotgun, but one that is made to fit you is on a whole different level and a joy to use.

Yeah but would that be morning hunts or evening hunts?

Griz34

Lil-Rokslider
This is the first time I can remember everyone being in agreement on a topic. I always use the search function also, so stupid and clunky.

dukkhnter

FNG
Agree with everyone else, Sitka site is really painful. Have used BlackOvis to look at Sitka gear but their site can be painful too when ordering as you have to pick color/pattern first when they don't have the right size. Would rather have size be the first option as I'm not so worried about pattern when stuff is on sale.

I'm glad it's not just me that thinks the Sitka website is terrible. I honestly don't know how you could make it any harder to browse through the products.
Hopefully someone there see's the thread and will actuall make some changes.