Why not a Prime??

ontarget7

WKR
I think this will be my Bowtech's last year as my primary bow so I'm starting to look for a replacement (don't tell her until after september though ;) ). I have been researching a few bows that have caught my eye this year, such as the Mathews Chill-X, Elite Energy 35, and the Prime Impact. I have known about prime but never really gave them a second thought until this year for some reason. After reading everything I could find about each and shooting them, (except the impact, I shot a defy b/c impact was out of stock) I really don't see a better alternative than the prime. The parallel cam system makes a lot of sense to me as far as cam lean goes. I watched the video of the prime riser picking up the SUV and the high speed video of the shot with the parallel cams. The bow shot tremendously, I liked it much better than the Chill-X and just a touch better than the Elite. They seem to have a great warrantee and will replace strings/cables for free every two years, and to top it all off it comes in Optifade open country!

SO my question is, why not shoot a prime? Seems like there aren't that many guys shooting them, at least here in my part of the world. Is there any real reason or is Prime just not well enough known yet? It seems like they have eliminated a lot of things that cause inaccuracy in a bow setup. Besides the slightly high price, am I missing the turd in the punch bowl here?

It's really personal preference, lots of solid bows out there today. Inaccuracy comes from the shooter and out of tune bows. Just because they have little cam lean will not necessarily mean they will be more accurate or easier to set up. With those bows you will still have to set the correct cam synch, centershot, nock height and the most over looked thing, the proper grip. All these things will need to happen to get the most out of them.

cordini

FNG
I'd love to shoot the Alloy, but no dealers even remotely close to me......I did shoot a Defy and thought it was smooth as butter and held really nice.