Will a Hilleberg Soulo be to hot?

Skull10

WKR
Looking for some input on a early September archery elk hunt in Colorado. Will a Hilleberg Soulo be too hot for this time of year? I have a couple other cheaper model tents but they aren't the most rain resistant flys these days. I love the bomb proof construction of the Hilleberg, but wanted to see if anyone can tell me if it will vent enough for the potential warmer days in early September.

TR909

FNG
Looking for some input on a early September archery elk hunt in Colorado. Will a Hilleberg Soulo be too hot for this time of year? I have a couple other cheaper model tents but they aren't the most rain resistant flys these days. I love the bomb proof construction of the Hilleberg, but wanted to see if anyone can tell me if it will vent enough for the potential warmer days in early September.

I don't think you'll be too hot at night at all. I use my Soulo in September in Colorado and am completely comfortable. Nights are cool for the most part. If it's in the direct hot sun in the middle of the day, it can be toasty in there, but night time....it's perfect. I know it's heavy for a solo shelter, but mine has COMFORTABLY dealt with some crazy winds @ treeline and the rains from the 1000 year flood in 2013. Zero spashback from the full-length fly was a bag-saver.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would say no. It cools off a lot at night in higher elevations. I ran the Niak this year in CO and while I love that tent it does get some draft. Used a soulo for a couple years and got along well. Just wish it was larger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
You could always run it without the inner as a bomb proof single wall tent if you wanted to. That outer and a lightweight bivy would give you more room inside and more flexibility

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk