Will Vaccines be required to travel to Ak this fall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

z987k

WKR
You can still get and transmit COViD after vaccination. Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's no evidence for or against this. It has not been tested, which is why they won't say that it prevents transmission. What for sure works is if all individuals in the room are vaccinated.

But even vaccines for things that we have eliminated like smallpox, or almost eliminated like polio, people who are vaccinated can still get it. There's never been a 100% effective vaccine. That doesn't mean the vaccine doesn't work, or it hasn't saved millions of lives.

The reason we were able to get rid of most of the deadly diseases of the 19th century is because people weren't self entitled snowflakes and actually did something for their neighbor instead of me me me me me me.

How did that 2nd shot treat you? Everyone who I know that has gotten the Moderna felt shitty for about 24 hours after that 2nd dose
I felt great for the first 12 hours. When I went to sleep, I woke up with the worst oscillation between chills and a fever that I've ever had it my life. I was stumbling around and could barely walk down some stairs to get another blanket to use. I would never get a Moderna vaccine again. Give me Pfizer any day and twice on Sunday.

TheGDog

WKR
What for sure works is if all individuals in the room are vaccinated.
1) We don't even know if that's true.

2) While that may or may not be... we HAVE to understand, acknowledge and allow... this... to be a decision that has to be made by each and every individual for themselves. As much as it may pain some emotionally... it HAS to be this way. I'll explain why.

In a discussion with a friend... back when I was of a mindset of very pro everyone must be forcibly vaccinated... this friend drew for me a very important legal parallel in that discussion, one which I hadn't yet considered, in terms of my/our 2nd Amendment rights. If they can take away a choice like this, "because it's for the greater good of all" supposedly... then legally it establishes a precedent that can be used to just as easily justify them taking away your 2nd amendment rights, especially with this current batch of eff'd up emotionally-led thinking we've got going on. I'm greatly trimming-down and high-level overviewing that conversation and it's detail.. but I think you get my drift.

No matter how much somebody does or does not like it... WE HAVE to allow this to remain... a choice of the individual.... otherwise, we're setting the stage for us all to be royally screwed-over in the future in terms of our Freedoms and Options and Choices.

EDIT: And this has DICK to do with being "a self-entitled snowflake"

Not sure on the law enforcement designation but, that is exactly how it happened. Maybe due to the town being so small? No idea, just passing along his experience.

They couldn't even leave their rooms to get food; it was all by delivery and/or from the hotel restaurant.
Yep if they were off the road system some of the villages were pretty strict last summer. We wouldn’t let our clients leave the airport without proof of a clean test within 72 hours. We are not seeing any thing required by the state this year.

204guy

WKR
There's no evidence for or against this. It has not been tested, which is why they won't say that it prevents transmission. What for sure works is if all individuals in the room are vaccinated.
If this was supposed to be funny, that's some pretty sly humor. 👍

I felt great for the first 12 hours. When I went to sleep, I woke up with the worst oscillation between chills and a fever that I've ever had it my life. I was stumbling around and could barely walk down some stairs to get another blanket to use. I would never get a Moderna vaccine again. Give me Pfizer any day and twice on Sunday.
I was hoping that was not the case, but yeah, my wife and everyone else we know who had the Moderna had a bad time after the 2nd shot. Sounds like you had it even worse. I went to get my first shot today and was hoping it was Pfizer, but it was Moderna.....

npm352

WKR
I got two doses of Moderna from my work back in January and February. I just got back from an Africa hunt this week and one of the reasons I took it was to make sure I tested negative so that I could get there and so I could test negative to come back.

Another reason is that I like to travel internationally and knew it would eventually be a requirement. Already, some countries are accepting it instead of a test. Taking a PCR test 3 days before the hunt of a lifetime, deposits and payments gone and wondering if the whole thing will be cancelled sucks. So yes, I am fine with the reality that it is happening already. It is already the case for some countries who don't give a shit about our Constitution or rights or whatever...if you want to go there, you need the shot. No different than a yellow fever card that I have needed all over Africa. It is as much of a requirement as a passport. Their country or corporation, their rules.

As for a religious exemption, they could say then don't travel or just require the test, which is way more of a pain in the ass than just getting the shot.

As for travel, the airlines can do what they want. If you don't like whatever rules they come up with and won't get a shot, then walk, drive or take a boat. Or buy your own plane.

Biden doesn't care about your rights, real or perceived.

The best solution to this cluster bomb is to allow people to do what they want and take whatever risks they want traveling. We all understand the risks of COVID. We have been living it for a year. If COVID scares you due to other health conditions, you can live out of your house with home delivery for everything and take no risks. Let's let everyone make their own choices without government interference.

But even vaccines for things that we have eliminated like smallpox, or almost eliminated like polio, people who are vaccinated can still get it. There's never been a 100% effective vaccine. That doesn't mean the vaccine doesn't work, or it hasn't saved millions of lives.

The reason we were able to get rid of most of the deadly diseases of the 19th century is because people weren't self entitled snowflakes and actually did something for their neighbor instead of me me me me me me.

Um no, there is evidence for it. There are people on this very forum and other reports of people getting COViD after getting vaccinated. They have also said you can still get it and transmit it hence them saying you still need a mask. They have only ever said that it reduces the symptoms if you do get it. This is all factual and has been reported. Nothing I said is assumption. It’s 100% fact. Sorry dude.

Last edited:
There's no science saying masks work either. The packaging even has warnings that the mask won't stop viruses. If you feel safer with one, wear it. If you feel safer taking an experimental vaccine, go for it.
Taking the vaccine will not stop you from getting it or transmitting it so for most of us there's no point in taking it. For higher risk people I understand why they would take it.
What I don't know is whether they'll be pushing a new vaccine each year like flu shots chasing new strains. I would expect that the big pharma companies have started a never ending vaccine cash cow preying on the fears of people around the world.
Gov't is just looking for another right to take away from us on the path to total control. That's my opinion and history is full of examples about what happens when the rights of the people are eroded by gov't.

Good discussion so far and I respect that others' opinions differ from mine. I think no more or less of anyone for having a different opinion than me. I'd encourage everyone to think for themselves and make decisions based on the info that we have versus what gov't and media tell us.

JLane330

Lil-Rokslider
I’m no there is evidence for it. There are people on this very forum and other reports of people getting COViD after getting vaccinated. They have also said you can still get it and transmit it hence them saying you still need a mask. They have only ever said that it reduces the symptoms if you do get it. This is all factual and has been reported. Nothing I said is assumption. It’s 100% fact. Sorry dude.

This is exactly the way I understand it too, unfortunately this information doesn't seem to be distributed publicly, and people make the wrong assumptions because it's called a "vaccine".

z987k

WKR
Um no, there is evidence for it. There are people on this very forum and other reports of people getting COViD after getting vaccinated. They have also said you can still get it and transmit it hence them saying you still need a mask. They have only ever said that it reduces the symptoms if you do get it. This is all factual and has been reported. Nothing I said is assumption. It’s 100% fact. Sorry dude.

I used the wrong word. There are no scientific studies published on it. The manufacurers have not evaluated or finished evaluating a claim like this. And no one of any authority if going to make these claims with no actual evidence to go on.
Anecdotes and random uncontrolled stories don't really mean anything.

z987k

WKR
1) We don't even know if that's true.

2) While that may or may not be... we HAVE to understand, acknowledge and allow... this... to be a decision that has to be made by each and every individual for themselves. As much as it may pain some emotionally... it HAS to be this way. I'll explain why.

In a discussion with a friend... back when I was of a mindset of very pro everyone must be forcibly vaccinated... this friend drew for me a very important legal parallel in that discussion, one which I hadn't yet considered, in terms of my/our 2nd Amendment rights. If they can take away a choice like this, "because it's for the greater good of all" supposedly... then legally it establishes a precedent that can be used to just as easily justify them taking away your 2nd amendment rights, especially with this current batch of eff'd up emotionally-led thinking we've got going on. I'm greatly trimming-down and high-level overviewing that conversation and it's detail.. but I think you get my drift.

No matter how much somebody does or does not like it... WE HAVE to allow this to remain... a choice of the individual.... otherwise, we're setting the stage for us all to be royally screwed-over in the future in terms of our Freedoms and Options and Choices.

EDIT: And this has DICK to do with being "a self-entitled snowflake"
I guess it's not 100% true, since it's not 100% effective, but every other vaccine that works amazing isn't either and we managed to eliminate a lot of disease with vaccines that were less effective.

Everyone's acting like this is the first vaccine ever and we don't know how herd immunity works. It's like the default is to assume the most outlandish thing first and depend on absolutely no past experience.

I also don't want government forced vaccination, but societal pressure is a good thing, and preferable to government regulation. There's tons of things this way. Honestly come Summer, where anyone who wants to be vaccinated is, we need to let nature just take it's course from there. Everything needs to be completely open. But also refuse non-vaccinated people medical care for covid. Problem solved for everyone.

I used the wrong word. There are no scientific studies published on it. The manufacurers have not evaluated or finished evaluating a claim like this. And no one of any authority if going to make these claims with no actual evidence to go on.
Anecdotes and random uncontrolled stories don't really mean anything.

The experts have said as much as I said. Plus real world examples of it happening is also proof enough. Again this is basic common sense. It’s not hard to understand.

z987k

WKR
The experts have said as much as I said. Plus real world examples of it happening is also proof enough. Again this is basic common sense. It’s not hard to understand.

The experts have not said you can transmit covid after vaccination(and antibodies). They won't say one way or another, or say to error on the side of caution for now. What happens is someone asks that question and they dance around it because they can't say, since they have no evidence to support it.

Of course some vaccinated people will be able to because the vaccine isn't 100% effective. There are no studies at all on people with antibodies transmitting covid after being exposed a second time. If people can, it'll be quite unique.
There aren't even anecdotes about people having antibodies and then transmitting to another person. How on earth would a person even figure that out?

Real world example doesn't exist. So a person gets vaccinated(or covid), gets a titer and is positive, then is exposed(how would they know) and gives it to another(how would they know they were the vector?) If you have an example of that happening, I'd love to hear about it.

Last edited:
The experts have not said you can transmit covid after vaccination(and antibodies). They won't say one way or another, or say to error on the side of caution for now. What happens is someone asks that question and they dance around it because they can't say, since they have no evidence to support it.

Of course some vaccinated people will be able to because the vaccine isn't 100% effective. There are no studies at all on people with antibodies transmitting covid after being exposed a second time. If people can, it'll be quite unique.
There aren't even anecdotes about people having antibodies and then transmitting to another person. How on earth would a person even figure that out?

Real world example doesn't exist. So a person gets vaccinated(or covid), gets a titer and is positive, then is exposed(how would they know) and gives it to another(how would they know they were the vector?) If you have an example of that happening, I'd love to hear about it.

You really are that clueless. And flat wrong. The CDC itself on its website says it keeps you from getting sick from COViD...meaning it reduces the effects. That means you can still get it. If one can still get it then they can still transmit it. THERE ARE REAL WORLD EXAMPLES OFNIT HAPPENING. This is a indisputable fact. You can ignore the facts all you want to. You only make yourself look dumb by doing so. But as I said, not going to change someone’s mind like yours no matter if the facts slap them in the face so I’m out from here on out.

Wapack

FNG
You really are that clueless. And flat wrong. The CDC itself on its website says it keeps you from getting sick from COViD...meaning it reduces the effects. That means you can still get it. If one can still get it then they can still transmit it. THERE ARE REAL WORLD EXAMPLES OFNIT HAPPENING. This is a indisputable fact. You can ignore the facts all you want to. You only make yourself look dumb by doing so. But as I said, not going to change someone’s mind like yours no matter if the facts slap them in the face so I’m out from here on out.

Civility my man. Whatever happened to polite disagreements? Oh that's right its the internet...

Civility my man. Whatever happened to polite disagreements? Oh that's right its the internet...

I was being civil. Nothing I said was untrue. There is only so much ignorance one can take and only so many times I’ll repeat the same facts over and over. Plus you can’t disagree with facts. Otherwise they wouldn’t be facts....they’d be opinions.

I just want to say I'm proud of all of my sheep brothers here that we made it three pages before someone called someone else dumb and clueless.

You know what you are right.

I do apologize to @z978k. Sincerely. I really do. Me and the ice just got into a huge fight and I took it out here.

Again my apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.