• Synthetic Fiber

Votes: 21 15.9%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HoneyDew

WKR
Merino base layers for warmth, moisture wicking, and no itch. FL llano short sleeve all the way.

Winnie

Lil-Rokslider
I used to like merino but even that gets itchy by the end of the day. I wore it for years. Two years ago I went back to synthetic and have been happier. Favorite: Sitka ESW just fits me so darn good!

Bcon

FNG
I voted for Merino because it does not seem to have the oder of synthetics after use.

Pn8hall

WKR
Merino for me all day long. Big fan of how soft the right merino can be on top of all its great insulating and wicking qualities

Merino wool is a game changer when it comes to western style hunting. Having the ability to run a single top for a week straight is a must when it comes to hunting. Also with the amount of hiking and sweating that I do it is nice to be able to dry out quickly.

Wapiti1

WKR
Merino is warm and stink free for the longest of any baselayers that I wear. Two downsides are that they don't dry as fast and 100% wool isn't as durable. I really like the nylon blends.

Jeremy

OldGrayJB

WKR
I voted merino because everything else stinks after a day or two. I really like the merino/synthetic blends.

tdot

WKR
Merino, it feels better wet or dry, smells better, I keep the base layer thin so it dries just as fast as synthetic. I tried a bunch of synthetics the mast 2 seasons as all my merino was old and full of holes, the new synthetic is definitely better then the kkder stuff, but still not comparable to Merino IMO. Ive now bought some newer merino with 25% synthetic yarns and been very happy with the hybrid approach.

Sal552

FNG
Wool is my favorite I love how fast it dries and no stink...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nillion

Lil-Rokslider
Merino by far. I can wear it for days and not stink which is impossible for any synthetic I've ever tried.

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm almost done entering everyone in the drawing hopefully they'll announce the winner mid week.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk