Wind resistance layer

If you want something very thin and light (aka packable) then the SG Timberline jacket is your best option.

Lowg08

WKR
I’m trying to cut weight I have a dew point rain suite. I just bought a FL ridgeline and I’ve looking into wind shirt If that doesn’t work well it will cut nearly a pound off.
I do want to add though. I also have a jetstream vest and it weighs a pound but it does not breath on the move with the windstopper layer in it. It burns me up. That is another reason for the change up. I’ve also considered the peleton vest. Hoping the ridgeline covers the bases though

Last edited:

Deli

Lil-Rokslider
Just ordered a mountain hardwear kor preshell since it was on sale and about half the price of the BD start. Good reviews on breathability. I'll report back. Only problem was the sale color was red and not earth tone. Hoping that's not a big deal as deer can't see reds and I'd only use it for when I'm active. It does come in camo if I really like it and then can just pay original price.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Tx270WT

FNG
Have had mixed luck with wind stopping gear. The kuiu peloton 240 didn’t work for me at all. The Sitka Dakota vest I use duck hunting on the other hand has done an awesome job with its wind stopper layer

kahunter

Lil-Rokslider
Just a heads up. Mountain steals and Smartwool are clearing out the olive colored Smartwool ultra light wind jacket. Haven’t got mine yet, but they are supposed to be a little more breathable than the Houdini

Last edited:

Deli

Lil-Rokslider
Just a heads up. Mountain steals and Icebreaker are clearing out the olive colored Icebreaker ultra light wind jacket Haven’t got mine yet, but they are supposed to be a little more breathable than the Houdini
Got a link? I can't seem to find it. I have a mountain hardware wind jacket that's more breathable than the houdini but it's brick red and would like an earth tone color for hunting.

slatty

WKR
I will speak highly of the OR ferrosi. I have one for hunting and one for XC / biking / jogging. It’s light, breathable, mildly water resistant. It is very versatile, comfortable and quiet and also cheap. Comes in great colors. I have the hooded ones.

Jimss

WKR
As Kobuk and 4Ester mentioned, raingear works fantastic as duel purpose rain/snow/wind. No need for anything else unless you need another layer for warmth. I almost always carry my rain gear anyway during late season hunts. Make sure your jacket has pitzips. Also, anything with windblocker or thinsulate type materials tend to work very well.

Leroy91

FNG
I’m trying to cut weight I have a dew point rain suite. I just bought a FL ridgeline and I’ve looking into wind shirt If that doesn’t work well it will cut nearly a pound off.
I do want to add though. I also have a jetstream vest and it weighs a pound but it does not breath on the move with the windstopper layer in it. It burns me up. That is another reason for the change up. I’ve also considered the peleton vest. Hoping the ridgeline covers the bases though
I wish the FL Ridgeline came as a full zip.

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
I carry puffy coat and Cloudburst rain gear….in eastern Oregon I more often am using my rain gear as wind breaker than I am for rain…. My .02

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clarktar

WKR
I should have a Filson Reliance in a couple weeks. Look forward to seeing how it stacks up.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Bump79

WKR
Just ordered a mountain hardwear kor preshell since it was on sale and about half the price of the BD start. Good reviews on breathability. I'll report back. Only problem was the sale color was red and not earth tone. Hoping that's not a big deal as deer can't see reds and I'd only use it for when I'm active. It does come in camo if I really like it and then can just pay original price.

How's this jacket treating you?

*zap*

WKR
I use a set of surplus L-5 camping/hunting. Either as a top layer alone or over my WM pants/jacket.....very light, wind resistant and water resistant (especially if you keep it sprayed with water proofer..... plus keep my other clothes from getting damp/dirty. Fairly inexpensive but that depends on where you get it and the camo pattern.

jd1006

WKR
Any experience with the Kryptek Bora line? I’ve been wanting to try either the jacket or the vest