Wirehaired pointing griffon breeders

Not a breeder but I have hunted over a few of them and was very impressed. if I weren't so partial to GSP's they would be my second choice.

If you get closer to looking for a reputable breeder, pm me and I’ll let you know of one to avoid. My GF got one from them and he’s had multiple health issues. Worse, we discovered after adopting him many of their claims were outright lies. We love this boy, but man, I would choose a different breeder in the future IF I were making the choice (it was all my GF’s choice).
FWIW, I’ve raised and trained (as well as paid trainers) two consecutive Brittanies and discovered lots of great breeders in that circle (some, not so great).
Something that stuck with me from a guy in that world for 30 years was “ A good breeder is most concerned with improving the breed vs his pocketbook”

Attachments

• 403B00D9-1A57-4F7A-AA74-3AB6526DDB60.jpeg
    403B00D9-1A57-4F7A-AA74-3AB6526DDB60.jpeg
    613.5 KB · Views: 69
Can anyone recommend a breeder?

Where are you located? Here is a picture of our girl. You will not find a breed that wants to be by your side more. She is the biggest snuggler that we have had.
204f1aab965d1d939a3948b0d17da0da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are the summer temps there? I live in las vegas, and its not uncommon for it to be 90 degrees when I leave for work at 4am

How does your dog do in the 90s
We jog in the mornings before the pavement gets hot, and she does fine. Later in the day in the yard when the air temp is up there she will run around the yard as much as anyone is out there. Otherwise, she lays around the house and is pretty useless. One of the things that I like about her is that fact.
If we go on a hike or walk in the park she does fine. I do occasionally take her up in the hills in September to scout or whatever and I have never had any concern.
She does not hunt, and I didn't really expect her to. She is more or less a backyard bred dog without a bird dog pedigree.
The two breeders at the top of my list above are sired by a good friend's dog. I met him after I got mine and both breeders would not hesitate to chat with you. The other two breeders I have listed are folks who I think have good reputations and I have had good conversations with.
My girl has a very tight coat, and I think that would be a better choice for hot weather.

Thanks for the recommendations. Do any of you guys own a Griff and live in a hot climate?
I live in Reno and our summers are fairly hot. I have two griffs, one is barely over a year and the other is 3 1/2 months, and my older one does pretty well. This is our first summer with her fully grown so I don't have a ton of experience but so far I don't see any issues. I took her for a run in the hills yesterday midday for 45 min and the temp over 90 and she did great. I had a pitbull years ago and the same run would have probably killed the pitbull.

I just bought my first Griff from Cliff Koele at Coppershot Kennels. Oscar is now 10 weeks old, and has a kee nose and pointing instinct (butterflies, meadowlarks, etc...).

Cliff has been breeding and hunting over Griffs for over 50 years and knows his stuff. The purchase experience was the best I've ever had, and Cliff and his wife are just wonderful people. They are a long ways from NV, but he ships dogs to all 50 states and internationally.

Cliff's prices are roughly 1/3 of the other breeders I researched which was nice, but most importantly, when you buy a dog from Cliff it is YOUR dog. He doesn't have any hairy contracts or other red tape when you buy a dog from him. All the other breeders we looked at had hard contracts with penalties up to $10k for breech.

Good luck in your search and I can't recommend Cliff and Coppershot any higher. He was just welping another litter when we picked up Oscar 3 weeks ago, and he may have pups available.

Coppershot Griffons on Facebook
https://www.coppershotgriffons.com/

Back