Wolf Crowd Funding??

tri2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
Alright, so I am fed up with the amount of Wolf sign I am seeing and hearing them close, but never laying eyes on one to shoot it!!
I am going to ask for some group help.
I can justify to the finance manager spending funds on going to the woods often for scouting, hunting, etc. I just cannot get her to let me layout $700 bucks on traps.

So I am wanting to see if some of you want to invest as a group? The Jack Whitman trap setup from Minnesota Trapline are $60 each with approximately $15 shipping, but if I buy a dozen they are $56.5 each with the total shipping for the dozen around $25.

So I am making an investment proposal? I have taken the trapping class, know where the wolves are, and I am willing to spend the time and effort setting and checking a trapline for these beasts. I am asking if any of you would be willing to help fund the trap purchase? I would collect funds in Paypal and once I have enough, will get the traps and go to work.
SO if 60 of you want to chip in $10 or if 12 of you want to chip in $50?? It would go to a great cause.

The return on you investment will work like this:
After each Wolf is trapped and removed, I will refund the cost for one trap to the person of people that paid for it in the order investments where made. So once I get 12 Wolves, which could take a while, everyone's money will have been returned, with the lasting return of fewer Wolves killing off our game animals..
Here is a link to the traps and the cost:
http://www.minntrapprod.com/basket.asp

Many of you on here know who I am and where I live, so if you want to join me for these excursions, that would be awesome!!

Yes I am serious and will not just steal your money.

I have had a few inquiries about getting a pelt as a return on investment. I think that is a good idea. I would say the pelt buy in would need to be the cost of one trap and the shipping. So lets say $75, and that would help cover a few replacement blades for skinning and a few rounds for putting them down.

I think that $75 trap buy in would be for a pelt shipped in lower 48. If you want it tanned that would be a cost you would need to cover.
Also, I think I would only really be willing to do the pelt thing if I am able to get enough funds for the dozen traps. I just don't think one or two traps would be worth the time and energy it takes having to check them every three days.

Let me know what your thoughts are.
Micah

My Paypal is
[email protected]

Someone brought to my attention(thank you Beendare), that this may be considered putting a bounty on wolves? So this is a trade, I am trading you a trap for a pelt. Please note that my side of the trade may take a year or longer to fulfill. I am not accepting money to kill a wolf.

Last edited:
OP
T

tri2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
What if instead of refunding our money we get a wolf pelt? Something we could either turn into a rug or a life size mount.

I would be good with that. I live just across town from Moscow Hide and Fur. I could drop them there for tanning if someone needs me to.

Last edited:
OP
T

tri2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
I fired my finance minister long ago....and it shows :) . I'll play if you can get the rest of the pledges.

That is awesome. I just decided I like my purple bags better than percieved green ones on a younger model. That and since she doesn't work and we have three kids, I would just be living out of my truck, so I will keep my current finance manager.:D

OP
T

tri2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
I think the pelt idea is a good one. I would say the pelt buy in would need to be the cost of one trap and the shipping. So lets say $75.

Just some thoughts on it. I think that would be for a pelt shipped in lower 48. If you want it tanned that would be a cost you would need to cover.
Also I would be willing to do the pelt thing if I am able to get enough funds for the dozen traps. I just don't think one or two traps would be worth the time and energy it takes having to check them every three days.
i will also edit my original post to reflect this.

Woodsboss

FNG
Micah,
Might I recommend this, http://www.foundationforwildlifemanagement.org/index.html. A great concept for those that are successful. Not really sure where you will be trapping but there isn't anywhere close to Moscow open for wolf trapping. You're probably selling yourself short, I'd consider gas and all those associated expenses not just the traps. What kind of trapping experience do you have?

I think the pelt idea is a good one. I would say the pelt buy in would need to be the cost of one trap and the shipping. So lets say $75.

Just some thoughts on it. I think that would be for a pelt shipped in lower 48. If you want it tanned that would be a cost you would need to cover.
Also I would be willing to do the pelt thing if I am able to get enough funds for the dozen traps. I just don't think one or two traps would be worth the time and energy it takes having to check them every three days.
i will also edit my original post to reflect this.
I'm in for two traps for two pelts if you get enough guys to go in. Lemme know.

OP
T

tri2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
Let me make sure I have this right, 75 bucks buy in for a wolf pelt should you be successful with 12 wolves?
Yes you are correct. Let me know if you are in. Thanks

Micah,
Might I recommend this, http://www.foundationforwildlifemanagement.org/index.html. A great concept for those that are successful. Not really sure where you will be trapping but there isn't anywhere close to Moscow open for wolf trapping. You're probably selling yourself short, I'd consider gas and all those associated expenses not just the traps. What kind of trapping experience do you have?
I have checked out that website. I will signup once I get the traps since that is when they will possibly help with expenses. Unit 6 and 10A are close enough and still open for trapping and hunting.

I thought wolves were back on the endangered species list?
Not in Idaho. We have plenty. Let me know if you are in.
Thanks

OP
T

tri2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
So here is where we are at:

Donations:
Shrek $25
Ross $10

Pelt Donation:
William Munny, two pelts
Elkhunter71
Coastalbendbows

Currently enough have pledged to cover about five traps. Everyone is awesome, lets hit this goal so I can order these next week.

Randle

WKR
Micah I will go $20 for 2 wolf pictures let me know if you need any help I would love to check traps with you.