wolves, we have enough.....

handwerk

WKR
Here in Mn. canoe country they continue to be loosing their fear of man, no surprise as we've got no season on them.
This year during deer hunting season I saw more wolves then deer and news like this just keeps getting more common.

49ereric

WKR
Easier to kill dogs than deer or moose. that and a dog or coyote they kill on site anyway.
our dog would never go off the deck when a wolf was around. Easy to know as every hair on her body would raise up.

7mm-08

WKR
Say what you want about wolves, you have to respect the fact that they are smart canids that learn from observation and experience. Parts of Canada regularly experience the same issues the OP cited in MN. With no "pushback" (from humans with guns) they have learned they can approach houses and kill dogs, an easy meal.

49ereric

WKR
Wolves were bountied in Minnesota from 1849, when they were worth $3, through 1965 (when all bounties ended in Minnesota), when a bountied wolf pelt brought $35. Although bounties generally did not control populations of other predators, they had an impact on wolves.

$3 a lot of money in the mid 1800’s

mncoolbeans

Lil-Rokslider
We've got a new group started here in MN. I recommend all MN Hunters check it out as we have a voice now that is making traction with the Media and Legislators. They are tracking Wolf Sightings and with Hunters confirmed Trail Cam Pics, date, Timestamps and Location, making a Map with the sightings.

hunters4hunters.org

49ereric

WKR
We've got a new group started here in MN. I recommend all MN Hunters check it out as we have a voice now that is making traction with the Media and Legislators. They are tracking Wolf Sightings and with Hunters confirmed Trail Cam Pics, date, Timestamps and Location, making a Map with the sightings.

hunters4hunters.org
calling your state legislature reps or senators does no good until the Fed’s delist the wolves.

Current status of the Minnesota wolf: Minnesota's wolves are back on the federal Endangered Species List as February, 2022. Today is no public wolf hunting and trapping season in Minnesota, but the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) may hold a public wolf hunt as soon as wolves lose federal protections.

Reservation's ban wolf hunting as well.

mncoolbeans

Lil-Rokslider
calling your state legislature reps or senators does no good until the Fed’s delist the wolves.

Current status of the Minnesota wolf: Minnesota's wolves are back on the federal Endangered Species List as February, 2022. Today is no public wolf hunting and trapping season in Minnesota, but the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) may hold a public wolf hunt as soon as wolves lose federal protections.

Reservation's ban wolf hunting as well.
There going to go about this like How the Individual States Legalized Pot, Pot still has Federal Laws right? Texas did the same thing with State Laws vs. Fed Laws on Wild Hogs.....it went through.

49ereric

WKR
There going to go about this like How the Individual States Legalized Pot, Pot still has Federal Laws right? Texas did the same thing with State Laws vs. Fed Laws on Wild Hogs.....it went through.
Weed still illegal with the Fed’s
protected species a different issue

EdP

WKR
Those same ancestors eradicated bison. Not rooting for wolves but I don’t see that as a legitimate argument.

Disease transferred from cattle almost eradicated the bison, not bullets from humans. The idea that humans killed off the bison is a lie that has been told for a very long time but has been debunked. First person observation and hide trade records confirm that it wasn't bullets.

I have a problem with folks who live in a protected environment dictating to those who don't with regard to the hazards they must endure. In other words, a city dweller telling a rancher to live with grizzlies or wolves. If the city dweller is willing to endure grizzlies or wolves in their neighborhood it's OK, or if the rancher is willing to tolerate grizzlies and wolves it's OK, but what is going on today is not OK.

hunters4hunters.org

I think the clowns in charge will do more harm than good.

Disease transferred from cattle almost eradicated the bison, not bullets from humans. The idea that humans killed off the bison is a lie that has been told for a very long time but has been debunked. First person observation and hide trade records confirm that it wasn't bullets.

I have a problem with folks who live in a protected environment dictating to those who don't with regard to the hazards they must endure. In other words, a city dweller telling a rancher to live with grizzlies or wolves. If the city dweller is willing to endure grizzlies or wolves in their neighborhood it's OK, or if the rancher is willing to tolerate grizzlies and wolves it's OK, but what is going on today is not OK.

Those city dwellers that live in "protected environments" have consistently chose to live with predators that are far more dangerous than any 4 legged critter. Those predators kill massively more people every year that those big bad wolves and evil bears that you love to demonize ever could dream of.

Whether you agree with them or not, those city dwellers have every right to their beliefs as well as have an issue when someone attempts to ram conflicting beliefs down their throats. Bit of hypocrisy on your part to dictate your beliefs onto them while actively rebelling against their attempts to do the same to you.

Rthur

Lil-Rokslider
Those city dwellers that live in "protected environments" have consistently chose to live with predators that are far more dangerous than any 4 legged critter. Those predators kill massively more people every year that those big bad wolves and evil bears that you love to demonize ever could dream of.

Whether you agree with them or not, those city dwellers have every right to their beliefs as well as have an issue when someone attempts to ram conflicting beliefs down their throats. Bit of hypocrisy on your part to dictate your beliefs onto them while actively rebelling against their attempts to do the same to you.
False equivalency.
They didn't vote for you to have those neighbors.

Strange parallel, neither will be held to any standard.

R

QuackAttack

Lil-Rokslider

No. The city dwellers are voting to impose their will on people outside the city…an experience that the city dwellers will never experience first hand. They are committing an immoral act and should be treated with disdain for disregarding the lives and property of rural Americans.

Rights are a relic. The current governance is mob rule and it’s blatantly obvious.

EdP

WKR

First off I want to thank those who came to my defense in response to this drivel. Beyond that, I made no equivalency between humans that prey on other humans and grizzlies and wolves. The issue with grizzlies and wolves for ranchers is livestock losses which equates to a loss of income. For hunters the issue is competition for ungulates. Hunters pay for wildlife conservation via taxes collected per Pitman-Robertson. Hunters have a reasonable expectation that their tax money is spent in a manner which they support, not in a manner directly counter to their interests. I have no issue with city dwellers having any beliefs they choose to have. I do have an issue with them ramming those beliefs down the throat of others when the consequences do not affect the city dweller. I see no hypocrisy in that.

No. The city dwellers are voting to impose their will on people outside the city…an experience that the city dwellers will never experience first hand. They are committing an immoral act and should be treated with disdain for disregarding the lives and property of rural Americans.

Rights are a relic. The current governance is mob rule and it’s blatantly obvious.
Once again, the typical RS bull excrement comes out. Attack anyone that disagrees with your royal highness.

You complain about mob rule yet you want to enforce your personal will and beliefs on the very masses that you so openly loathe. It is not surprising to see yet another forum member who is a despot at heart.