Work Jeans?

Jakerex

WKR
I started a new job that has me a 1/4 of the time on the road meeting customers for quotes and making deliveries, 1/2 time in the office, and 1/4 time in the shop. I typically wear the $20 slim straight wranglers from Walmart, but they don’t seem to last more than three months. I like the slim straight style……not skinny. I also like the flex in the Wally World wranglers.

Anyone have any suggestions for jeans that will fit the same but last a while longer? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flathead#2

Lil-Rokslider
I wear the Wrangler ATG (all terrain gear).
I get em for free as uniform, so......
Been wearing some for quite a while.

ZHY

FNG
Carhartt blue jeans fit pretty slim and last. Not sure if they fulfill your job requirements.

IDVortex

WKR
I actually have started replacing my jeans with Smith and Rogue. They seem to last longer on me then Wranglers. Now with that said, I don't work much any jeans anymore. I wear jeans for clients for my side business, weekends or when I'm driving for where I work. Truwerk is the work pants I wear now.

Vaultman

WKR
Not even in the realm of $20 a pair, but the Duluth Firehose has worked well for me. I wait until they have a 20% off. I wear them home, out in town, church, work (office or field), ect. Buy 4 pair about every 3 years, to replace the four pair from before. Keep about two pair from the years before for grubby's. I've been doing that for about 10 years. It would be nice to find something that fits, flexes as good that is less spendy but these do me well.
They would last longer if I didn't cary such a heavy flashlight. It tears out the corner of the left pocket. (I cary a light knife in the right, and that pocket clip does not wear through).

Reactions: EdP

Wrench

WKR
I moved my work pants from wrangler riggs which are heavy duty and heavy weight to the wrangler outdoor $24 pants that we all wear for hunting. I've found the pocket thread will wear out long before the fabric wears out or anything fails.

I climb around hydroelectric generators daily in these and they're great anywhere I don't need FR clothes. I'm on a 9 week 7/12's run and I have not had a single issue with rotating 3 pair.....and they dry fast and are uber light.

Axlrod

WKR
I used to wear the WM Wranglers until they were always out of stock when covid started. I switched to Kuiu attack pants in solid colors- mainly black. They are way more money, but I am over 3 years with my first 5 pairs I bought. They still look good, are way more comfortable than any jeans i have owned.

I was on a tear to find standard casual jeans with a cell phone pocket. Not carpenter jeans with hammer loops, not cargo pockets etc. Just nice jeans with an appropriate cell pocket. Looked high and low and just found them.
Dewalt jeans of all things. Nice daily wear jeans with a cell pocket. All jeans should have that IMO!
Fleet Farm here had the 1/2 price

wesfromky

WKR
You might check out the vertx jeans. I have a couple pair and like them. Cost more though.

jolemons

WKR
Rancher by trade. Levis get my vote. I used to wear Wranglers, but the material has gotten thinner and I was wearing holes in them very quickly.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Untamed

Lil-Rokslider
Ariat rebar double front work pant are real comfortable. They last me a year and half then the crotch area gets some holes. Never wore out any other part of the pant.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I switched to the Ariat Rebar M4s in 2023. What a difference! Excellent flex, good fit, and they have lasted way longer than Walmart Wranglers and Carhartt denim.

So leaving 13mwz? I like the carhart pants(true carhart fabric not blue jean), kuhl holds up well but nice looking and expensive, rigs, truwerk, arborwear, and Duluth are pretty durable. None will stop a saw (know by experience on three of these). They all wear out overtime too. I’ve chosen to stay with $18 wranglers but like the carhart duck or whatever the wife thinks I should try.

If you find a gem let me know. I won’t do attack pants at work they get beat up quick in medium duty

Weldor

WKR
Crude, they last years. I wore everyday employed as a welder. They fit great, slim fit with room to bend at the knees.

OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
I won't buy Wrangler since they went woke. Duluth's work for me.

Did not know. Seems like everyone is woke anymore. Still don’t really know any woke means

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk