Worst Deering Hunting Advice?

CAB

FNG
I thought this could be a fun topic of what's the worst deer hunting advice you have ever heard or received? For me it was that all deer ONLY walk quartering to the wind. When I first heard I thought it was true but quickly realized this isn't possible and is just false when I started hunting more.

DooleyVT

Lil-Rokslider
When whitetail season rolls around my dad only hunts from sunrise until 9AM and breakfast back at camp was at 9:30. After a few chores is lunch at 12:30 and then a cat nap from 1:30-2:30 then get ready to hunt the 2 hours before dark because those are the ONLY times that the deer will be moving. Took me some time to tell dad I'm not going to be back for breakfast and I'll take lunch with me in the morning.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
When I first started hunting white tail in Wis. Lots of guys would carry their deer out across their shoulders. Even back then at a young age, I thought, how stupid is that.

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
The colder and nastier the weather, the more deer movement you'll see. I grew up in the SE and the old timers would always be excited when a front was blowing in and it was cold, wet, windy and overcast. Fast forward to later in life and have learned they hunker down too and prefer clear, cold, high pressure blue bird days.

When whitetail season rolls around my dad only hunts from sunrise until 9AM and breakfast back at camp was at 9:30. After a few chores is lunch at 12:30 and then a cat nap from 1:30-2:30 then get ready to hunt the 2 hours before dark because those are the ONLY times that the deer will be moving. Took me some time to tell dad I'm not going to be back for breakfast and I'll take lunch with me in the morning.
Diddo - i cant hunt with my elders anymore, theres alway a football game around lunch…

GSPHUNTER

WKR
That is bad advice. Deer don’t have horns.
Maybe he's not a hunter. I always like when people ask, how many deer, elk, whatever did you catch.. My response is, hunting is not a catch and release sport.

Reactions: CAB