WY drop camp

Didnt see anything in old threads. Has anyone done a drop camp for rifle elk in WY? Any recommendations on an outfitter? Doesnt appear to be a lot (any that I have found) of outfitters that advertise it.

Hi, did you ever do a drop camp? I'm trying to look into it for 2023 general elk wy.
Thanks for your help

I gave up in that years ago. That would be perfect but I guess it’s too good to be true. Good luck.

Did you end up hiring a guide or do DIY? I'm planning to do a 20 day trip, 3 days driving each way so 14 on site hunting elk in 2023.

TreeWalking

Lil-Rokslider
Packing an elk even 3 miles to the trailhead where your vehicle is parked is a chore. Add in deadfall or uneven terrain and can be a multi-day effort. Say you pack your camp in on your back in one trip, backpacker style so no fresh food, no stove. 80 pound pack or more. Now you hunt. Day 3 knock down a nice, mature elk. Want the antlers, cape and the meat. I see 4 trips to pack the elk out solo on foot and 1 trip to bring camp out. So, 3 to truck, 3 back is 6 miles per roundtrip x 4 then pack out camp for the last leg of 3 miles. 27 miles with 15 miles with 80 pound or heavier loads. Can be done and meat will not spoil if cool weather. I prefer horses so is three miles rather than 27. Outfitters prefer to keep the good spots for the guided clients. Some will pack out an elk though priority is for their clients so no guarantee and many will want the elk in game bags waiting next to the horse trail rather than in a hell hole. Sucks that there is not much middle ground between hunting backpack style vs. hiring a guide when want to hunt public land. I have hunted on my own, with buddies, with a drop camp and with an outfitter. The outfitter experiences were okay and probably got me on game faster but felt a bit like hand-holding and being the sniper rather than the hunter.