Wyo Gen Archery II - Are you shooting?

yes - I have passed several hundred whitetails, but never a bull elk. Just do not get that many chances at elk in your life time when you live in Michigan.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I’d shoot that bull on any general OR limited tag in any state. Good bull.

To me it depends greatly on if the hunter has enough elk under his belt to pass up ANY legal bull. It’s bow season. Numbers don’t lie. Success rates are single digits to teens or so. 6 days isn’t shit for an elk hunt. So….. For most hunters there isn’t a single reason to not shoot.

Also if you waited 5 years to hunt 6 days in archery I’m thinking you’d be pretty bloodthirsty. I think I would.

If you have a bunch of racks stacked up at home and a freezer full of elk meat then maybe that’s different. Maybe you’re truly a bone hunter and don’t care about an unpunched tag.

Last edited:

Mojave

WKR
I would shoot him in a general in Wyoming. Yes.

I would shoot him in almost any unit in Colorado, New Mexico, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, BC or Alberta.

Maybe in better units in Utah, Arizona, Nevada, Idaho and Montana I would think about it.

HuntsKnez

FNG
Same game.

You used 5 PPs to draw a Wyo Gen tag.

You can only hunt the archery season and only have 6 days to hunt.

You’re set up on a wallow and this bull comes in, wallows and starts to walk off.

Distance is 25yds

Are you shooting?

(I got this pic on my trail cam up in Wyo a few years ago)

View attachment 581585
Depends if you're into conservation enough to try a mature animal or if you're wanting to fill your tag above all.