Wyo Gen Archery II - Are you shooting?

cnelk

WKR
Same game.

You used 5 PPs to draw a Wyo Gen tag.

You can only hunt the archery season and only have 6 days to hunt.

You’re set up on a wallow and this bull comes in, wallows and starts to walk off.

Distance is 25yds

Are you shooting?

(I got this pic on my trail cam up in Wyo a few years ago)

IMG_1223.jpeg

Hnthrdr

WKR
Like the shape of his antlers, once again is this 10 min into the hunt or have I been out for a couple days? Day 4 this guy is getting it hands down

Never pass on the first day what you would shoot on the last.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk
I’m passed many animals that were very nice only to come home with nothing or lesser. It is what it is. WY tag, that bull is only slightly bigger than the last, I’ll wait and see what the unit has to offer.

Elkhntr08

WKR
Same answer as before. Passed better and worse, regret all.
Don’t pass on the first day what you’d shoot on the last.

grfox92

WKR
I’m passed many animals that were very nice only to come home with nothing or lesser. It is what it is. WY tag, that bull is only slightly bigger than the last, I’ll wait and see what the unit has to offer.
Would you have shot the animal you passed on the last day if given the opportunity?

Would you have shot the animal you passed on the last day if given the opportunity?

There were times yes, and times no. Recent bear hunt come to mind on a no. Moose hunt I had, yes. That one burns to this day. A couple deer and elk trips, not even a second thought, I was ok with the pass.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Standing here at the gym? Yes. It’s hard to say. Day 1? Day 5? Do I have trail cams up with bigger bulls? Have I seen bigger bulls? Are the bulls bugling or have I been hunting 3 days and haven’t seen an elk or heard an elk.

grfox92

WKR
There were times yes, and times no. Recent bear hunt come to mind on a no. Moose hunt I had, yes. That one burns to this day. A couple deer and elk trips, not even a second thought, I was ok with the pass.
For the record, I don't live by that saying. It's just something to think about for people asking the question like in the OP.

I shot my first muley this year on the last day of the season. I probably wouldn't have shot him on the first day.