Wyoming 90/10 for elk

wytx

WKR
i truly don't care what happens to the residents you didn't seem to give 2 chits when you paraded and pushed 90/10 and told non residence we should be thankful for the crumbs '
and yes his second permit was a direct result of 90/10 we will agree to disagree have a good day
Careful, your ignorance is showing. Love how 90/10 got someone their second moose tag, WTH.

Fordguy

WKR
Not “like minded” enough.

Lol. I don't think anyone minds a spirited discussion or debate, and I think everyone here understands that it takes at least two different points of view to accomplish that. The problem was most likely that Buzz was incapable of engaging in the debate without insults and condescension (to put it mildly). I could be wrong- just a guess.

In plenty of circumstances a person can be correct, but that doesn't automatically mean everyone with a different viewpoint is wrong.

cgasner1

WKR
Some of the recent posts on here are everything that’s wrong with this. The tags need to be given out equally no matter what percents the state decides on. Because you can afford or know a landowner doesn’t mean you should have more opportunity than anyone else. The only way I could personally ever get behind a landowner tag would require a blood relation and for that land only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wags

WKR
I see a lot more complaints coming from residents about how more people from CA are moving to Wyoming in our future. This will definitely sway some folks to now become residents VS guests.

Archer86

WKR
I see a lot more complaints coming from residents about how more people from CA are moving to Wyoming in our future. This will definitely sway some folks to now become residents VS guests.
Next year they will all be moving to Colorado because of the future change to 90 10 and no more otc Elk in colorado. wyoming will be a after thought hahaha

Wags

WKR
As flyguy pointed out above, it’s really going to be to everyone’s detriment.

You’re going to start to see a whole lot of middle class folks that like to hunt who buy a small home in Wyoming, live there for a year to gain residency while renting their other home. Have residency for not only themself but the wife and all the kids. Then after that first year spend most of their time in another state while short term renting the Wyoming house and short term renting their original house. Homeschool the kids.

I know the law says you have to live at least 180 days in Wyoming. They’ll live there just enough to enjoy hunting/fishing/skiiing which will put them close enough to the 180 days without raising any eyebrows.

It’s almost to the point of being more economically friendly than trying to hunt one elk tag a year as an out of stater. I’m not the only guy in the world thinking about this right now. If I could easily access tags as a nonresident, the thought wouldn’t have even crossed my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My grandparents did this for years until the travel became too much. They’d spend 7 months on our place and winter in CA. Saved them a ton of money & got Resident tags.

My wife & I will be doing the same in 10 years.

tdhanses

WKR
Next year they will all be moving to Colorado because of the future change to 90 10 and no more otc Elk in colorado. wyoming will be a after thought hahaha
That doesn’t make sense, why would they not move to WY when resident odds go up and general tags are over the counter vs a 4 year wait?

tdhanses

WKR
My grandparents did this for years until the travel became too much. They’d spend 7 months on our place and winter in CA. Saved them a ton of money & got Resident tags.

My wife & I will be doing the same in 10 years.
I’ll be doing the same as well, wintering in Charleston SC/ Kansas City and spring through fall on my property in CO or sell it and get one in WY but my residence will be in CO or WY in the next 8-10 years.

FlyGuy

WKR
I’ll be doing the same as well, wintering in Charleston SC/ Kansas City and spring through fall on my property in CO or sell it and get one in WY but my residence will be in CO or WY in the future.

I’m trying to do the same thing. Looking at minimum requirements for residency now…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tdhanses

WKR
I’m trying to do the same thing. Looking at minimum requirements for residency now…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Just has to be the majority of time spent, so 51% of time but 7 monts out of the year with vacations within that time should do it. The nice thing about doing it in WY is the tax savings on income tax, property taxes will be a wash.

Archer86

WKR
That doesn’t make sense, why would they not move to WY when resident odds go up and general tags are over the counter vs a 4 year wait?
Resident odds won't go up from 90 10 much if it all. Seams like everyone on here thinks every wyoming resident wants 90 10 I for one do not if I had my choice I wouldnt change anything except the elk regions for non residents I have family and friend I would prefer to be able to get tags as nr quicker . I just find it funny that everyone is going to move for hunting alone.....if that was the case it would have happened years ago.. the coming recession should change things a bit either way.

I was just saying colorado is the next one up when they make there changes to no more otc tag everything draw and the 90 10 push. There will be alot more people upset about that then wyoming look how many NR go otc there now when that's not a option there are going to be alot tears flowing.....so I am sure everyone will boycott it not buy points and move there to get those otc tags probably come from everywhere I am sure....

tdhanses

WKR
Resident odds won't go up from 90 10 much if it all. Seams like everyone on here thinks every wyoming resident wants 90 10 I for one do not if I had my choice I wouldnt change anything except the elk regions for non residents I have family and friend I would prefer to be able to get tags as nr quicker . I just find it funny that everyone is going to move for hunting alone.....if that was the case it would have happened years ago.. the coming recession should change things a bit either way.

I was just saying colorado is the next one up when they make there changes to no more otc tag everything draw and the 90 10 push. There will be alot more people upset about that then wyoming look how many NR go otc there now when that's not a option there are going to be alot tears flowing.....so I am sure everyone will boycott it not buy points and move there to get those otc tags probably come from everywhere I am sure....
Being a NR odds go to 100% in generals by becoming a resident, the change to 90/10 i do agree, doesn’t increase odds much but still way better then being a NR, WY has amazing resident hunting opportunities then add on no income tax and it’s very appleaing.

CO will not go as drastic, there will always be easy to get tags for NR in CO, many draw tags barely get sniffed at by residents in CO. Also CO will never have the trophy quality of WY and length of seasons.

Rich M

WKR
So…ipso facto the people of that STATE own the wildlife in that STATE.
That would be wrong.

The state/government “owns” controls the animals. If you think “ the people of the state” own the animals and truly have a say in the management of the animals you are mistaken. Ask about grizzly bears and wolves, then we can talk.

I have to LoL! This whole argument keeps getting funnier as i start to care less and less. Hope it works out for someone.

Wags

WKR

I’ve been torn between a few states that I was planning on retiring in. The weather is similar between them.

Hunting is a huge part of which state I’ll select. As of now Wyoming sits at #1 on the list.

Bighorner

WKR
I’ve been torn between a few states that I was planning on retiring in. The weather is similar between them.

Hunting is a huge part of which state I’ll select. As of now Wyoming sits at #1 on the list.

You'll have to excuse us when there are no balloons on your welcome to wyoming sign.

We're just barely scratching by apparently.

Last edited:

jray5740

Lil-Rokslider
That would be wrong.

The state/government “owns” controls the animals. If you think “ the people of the state” own the animals and truly have a say in the management of the animals you are mistaken. Ask about grizzly bears and wolves, then we can talk.

I have to LoL! This whole argument keeps getting funnier as i start to care less and less. Hope it works out for If the state does not own them, and the people of the state do not own them, and the federal government does not own them….who does
That would be wrong.

I have to LoL! This whole argument keeps getting funnier as i start to care less and less. Hope it works out for someone.
When you talk about management vs ownership….it’s clear you need to leave this conversation to the big boys

cnelk

WKR
Won’t be long and Wyoming will have more people than cattle, instead of the other way around