Wyoming Antelope Hunt

manitou1

WKR
Good luck out there!

I got the bearings greased on the cargo trailer this afternoon and also had the RV repair guy out to look at my AC unit. He's going to try to get it replaced for me before we leave Friday if he can get one in time. Sucks since the camper is only four years old.

View attachment 451456

Ammo is loaded. Rifles are dialed in. It's almost go time!

View attachment 451457
Aw, you're just teasing us with the bottle of RL26.
Nobody likes a show off! 😁

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I got the Wyoming antelope bug BAD! Doing some scouting for elk and deer a few weeks ago and found some pronghorn herds with some absolute giant bucks.

Hoping to hunt them in the black hills foothills next season.

Mojave

WKR
The drought was a huge suck fest. Saw 18 total antelope in the unit and only 5 bucks. Should have been hundreds.

Made it to Wyoming. Longer drive but camp is set up and ready to go. Wyoming mud is no joke and trying to score a buck is dang hard. Going to spend the day tomorrow looking over the unit. 2 possible shooters but have to look over them in better light

Mojave

WKR
If you think this is bad, the two years prior drought were much worse. We have had a lot more moisture this year in NE and NC WY.
Plenty of moisture east of independence rock. Nothing west of it. I didn’t drive on 20-26 so I don’t know what those units had. Casper was dry but nothing like the area between Riverton and Muddy Gap.

Laramie

WKR
For sure. Antelope meat is one of our favorites, and we always take really good care of it.

In fact, most of the time, I have it vacuum-packed and on ice within a couple of hours of the kill.
Me too. I kinda wish people wouldn't have figured out how good it is. Back in the 80s many didn't want to shoot them because "they taste like sage" lol.

Good luck to you.