Wyoming bear attack:

You guys never lived in Rawlins on the outside of the pen. Did my time there, not in the pen :)

Wow, good for them should not say boys, that takes big man nuts!

Where the men are men and the sheep are nervous.

grfox92

WKR
One of the kids is my hunting partners good friend.

I heard the story first hand from him in his hospital bed on speaker phone.

It's a crazy story and even scarier that the bear is still out there on arguably the most popular trail head for residents and non residents.

I usually hunt there every year and one of my friends has a late tag for that unit. We are going to have to be on even higher alert for that one.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

rodney482

WKR

It's a crazy story and even scarier that the bear is still out there on arguably the most popular trail head for residents and non residents.

I usually hunt there every year and one of my friends has a late tag for that unit. We are going to have to be on even higher alert for that one.

Shed hunting?

WCB

WKR
How many more people have to get attacked and/or killed before they open a season on grizz? ******* tree huggers care more about animals than people.
A hunting season won't make any difference with the few animals that will be allowed to be taken.

Conroy

WKR

Were they on the trail or down in the creek?

Does the family need any financial assistance? I'd happily kick in as long as it's not a fund run by anti-gun Go Fund Me.

Insane bravery and toughness. They all had bear spray though. Seems wild to not have time to grab the bear spray but have time to punch and pull on the bear's ear? Easy to be a critic when not in the moment, i know, but if they had spray tucked in packs or something its a good reminder to at least have it accessible.

rodney482

WKR
Insane bravery and toughness. They all had bear spray though. Seems wild to not have time to grab the bear spray but have time to punch and pull on the bear's ear? Easy to be a critic when not in the moment, i know, but if they had spray tucked in packs or something its a good reminder to at least have it accessible.
Have it and train with it…. Same with a gun. Needs to be muscle memory.

GAHunterJim

Lil-Rokslider
I was in the same area with GF and dog, hiking in late November. Didn't bring a gun or spray thinking all bears were denned up, I was wrong. Came across fresh griz tracks on the trail we were walking, felt like a real idiot for not being prepared.

grfox92

WKR
I was in the same area with GF and dog, hiking in late November. Didn't bring a gun or spray thinking all bears were denned up, I was wrong. Came across fresh griz tracks on the trail we were walking, felt like a real idiot for not being prepared.
With the warm winters we have been having, bears have been getting up in the dead of winter and feeding for a week and going back to bed. There is never a time when you are safe from them unfortunately.

GAHunterJim

Lil-Rokslider
With the warm winters we have been having, bears have been getting up in the dead of winter and feeding for a week and going back to bed. There is never a time when you are safe from them unfortunately.

I typically carry a Glock 10mm with Buffalo Bore Outdoorsman but I was traveling to Cody by air and didn't want to deal with checking a firearm for a short trip, never again! Headed to northern MT this summer, will definitely have the 10mm.