Wyoming Mule Deer Region B

rperham

FNG
Every year I come back to this post to see if anything new has been added. Headed back to Region B again this year anyone else?

lwindy

FNG
I'm headed out to Region B for first time this fall. Also got a 126 cow/calf elk tag in my pocket as well. Good luck to all and any info is appreciated!

After hunting region B for four years, I've decided to pass on it for a few years. Deer and antelope numbers there have been in a steady decline due to persistent drought, severe back to back to back late winter/early spring storms and outbreaks of CWD and EHD. I hunt a 40,000 ac private ranch. Four years ago, sightings of good quality bucks were common daily. Contrast that with last year. I saw a total of five muley bucks the entire hunt. All were little forkies and 3 points. I truly love hunting that area, but feel that it will be at least a few years, under ideal conditions, before the quantity and quality have a chance to return.

G&D920

FNG
Headed to region B this fall as previously mentioned. First time ever being to the unit and first time mule deer hunting. Any help /starting points for a newbie?

G&D920

FNG
Just wanted to give the group an update on the my trip to Region B (Frist timer). Both my buddy and I both tagged out with respectable mule deer. One 3x3 and one 2x2. We did see one 170 ish class buck but was unable to put a stalk on it before day light came to an end. Glassed mornings and evenings every day for a week and saw deer every sit all on public land. Bucks were tough to come by, but if you put your time/effort in they are there. Focused on River bottoms and water drainages. I was happy with my first trip to WY for Mule deer. Lots of nice antelope in the area