Wyoming Report From 10,000ft

well_known_rokslider

Lil-Rokslider
Curious what everyone else is seeing right now. We’re going on day 4 having been on good elk sign since day 2. There is one local herd bull with about 10 cows that is vocal for about 2 hours in the morning and that’s it. Only other bull talk is a little after dark. We’re seeing groups of 1-2 cows almost daily but they’re also pretty tight lipped. Doesn’t seem like the rut is really all that hot. Is it weather? Just later than usual? Bad hunter? Please give me something to read as we wait for this wind to change!

Sorry for crummy photo but had to add a little flavor!

IMG_2976.jpeg

wyogoat

WKR
I think it’s still a little early and it’s been tough. I’m finding them unresponsive to calls except one bugle back to cow calls or bugling. Hearing lots but seeing a big 5 pt in a herd of 35 cows being pushed by a 320 bull told me a lot.
Had a five pt in an open park only stop to look my direction when I cow called so I don’t think they’re there yet.
Watched this guy a while and he has cows but he’s just tending…60E61FEF-FFC7-45AB-A973-40F535824441.jpeg

BAS

FNG
I was in WY last week. I had 1 morning of good rutting action with a bull chasing 2 cows glunking and another bull pestering him. I left Saturday morning and had 3 bulls bugling around camp from 2AM until after sunrise. 1 sounded like he was on a hot cow.

Laramie

WKR
Elk are being bred from Montana to New Mexico right now... If the action isn't hot and heavy where you currently are, I would suggest adjust locations.