Wyoming Unit 45

Tmb59181

FNG
Hey everybody,

I am currently planning a 2020 non resident antelope hunt. Based off my point total, ability to hunt deer in the same season in a close by unit and based on historical harvest rates I am looking at unit 45 (west Laramie). My only issue however is that we I look on go hunt everything sounds great, but when I go to the Wyoming state website it talks about public land being difficult to access and it being a tough hunt. Does anybody have experience public land hunting this unit for antelope and would you suggest it to a first timer? I don’t mind a hike. But I also don’t want to apply for a unit that I can’t hunt due to private land. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

wytx

WKR
Took my B&C antelope buck from 45.
Hunted it lots of times in years past but numbers may not be there any more. Took many nice bucks off of the public sections but it has been hunted pretty hard .
pm sent

huntertx

FNG
Would you recommend unit 44 over 45? There is less public land in 44 but it seems like the public may be more accessible...at least the public that appears to have antelope habitat.

wytx

WKR
Parts of that BLM in 44 is not antelope country. Have not hunted it.
Not sure if there is much access other than HMAs but harvest rates are high.
A call to the biologist or our new Access Yes guy might know someone. Call the Laramie office of G&F and ask for them.