Xbolt 300 Win Advice

Steve P

FNG
Looking for some info from other experienced 300 Win mag shooters/hunters on here. Currently looking to get a new rifle in 300 Win mag in the Browning Xbolt. Already have a Xbolt stalker in 30-06 that Ive hunted with for several years now and like that setup. Looking at the Xbolt Speed suppressor ready model as I would like something with a shorter barrel for better carrying, maneuverability, etc. This model shows a barrel length of 22" w/included muzzle break vs the standard model, or stalker synthetic model, that has a 26" barrel. My main concern after looking over their info is with the twist rates. The shorter 22" barrel is listed as having a 8 twist where as the standard 26" barrel has a 10 twist. I am not a reloader so would be shooting factory ammo. As much as I want the rifle to be shorter I want something that gives me good accuracy possibly in several different types of factory ammo. Does anyone see the shorter barrel possibly giving me problems with certain bullet weights/accuracy or should I consider just staying with the standard model.

Last edited:
I dont know of any factory 300win ammo that doesn't work in a 10 twist so an 8 twist, especially in the short barrel with a saami chamber, is stupid.

I've always avoiding going super fast twist so cant comment on possible issues. It's probably fine.