XD 10mm

I have carried a G20 for years, I own an XD45 and shoots it well, so have been considering picking up an XD10mm for my woods carry and retiring the G20. I have been tossing around the idea of making a switch. My question is who has these abd runs full house loads in them without failure to feed issues or other problems? My G20 throws an FTF once in awhile, even with an upgraded sprong, which has never made me super comfortable as a woods defense weapon.

If you own one, tell me what ammo you run through it and how it functions. I pretty much exclusively run underwood ammo’s 220gr hard cast so looking for comparable load reviews.
Thanks all!

Last edited:

dmoto

Lil-Rokslider
XDm 10MM OSP owner here. Typical target ammo is 180 grain Federal, MagTech, PMC. Owned it for about 18 months and 300 rounds thru it. Can't seem to find really any other type of ammo, although I do have a few boxes of Hornady XTP for my HAM javelina hunts. Never a failure to feed and a great shooter. Can't comment on 220 grain Underwood.

Capture.JPG

OP
M
XDm 10MM OSP owner here. Typical target ammo is 180 grain Federal, MagTech, PMC. Owned it for about 18 months and 300 rounds thru it. Can't seem to find really any other type of ammo, although I do have a few boxes of Hornady XTP for my HAM javelina hunts. Never a failure to feed and a great shooter. Can't comment on 220 grain Underwood.

View attachment 333215
Great feed back, thanks. What sight and barrel are you running on that?

BrentH

WKR
Picked this up earlier this summer. Added a stainless steel guide rod and a 20lb recoil spring. For target ammo, just been shooting 200gr PMC Bronze, and picked up this Federal Solid Core ammo for carry. I couldn’t find the heavier stuff. So far they have both ran great with no failures.

Attachments

• 3C4DE7B6-0BFE-4E56-B291-C8EC5ABFA3F5.jpeg
    3C4DE7B6-0BFE-4E56-B291-C8EC5ABFA3F5.jpeg
    251.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 418A83D9-58C2-484B-95BA-D82B3D6F5BA6.jpeg
    418A83D9-58C2-484B-95BA-D82B3D6F5BA6.jpeg
    336.7 KB · Views: 49
OP
M
I am surprised to hear you are having failures to feed in your G20. Have you modified it in any way? Mine is bone stock and runs 100%.

The gun shoots everything flawlessly except the Underwood ammo 220gr. Which is what I prefer to carry it with. I upgraded my guide spring to a heavier weight, and upgraded the magazine springs as well, which cured it mostly, but it will still have an ftf everyonce in awhile. Maybe I just got a lemon!!

OP
M
Well it sounds like some of you guys are running heavier loads with no issues so that’s good to hear. Can’t believe you guys aren’t running your 10mm’s at full potential and using 220gr ammo? I guess I will pick one up and let you know if I have any issues. Thanks all.

If I were going to get a 10mm auto that was not a Glock, I would take a hard look at a Sig 220.
Are larger than 8 round mags available? I have a few G20s and would like to try the Sig220 Legion. I really like the ergonomics of the Sig vs Glock.

OP
M
I would really love to carry the sig but the 8 round capacity just is hard to overcome….

BrentH

WKR
Well it sounds like some of you guys are running heavier loads with no issues so that’s good to hear. Can’t believe you guys aren’t running your 10mm’s at full potential and using 220gr ammo? I guess I will pick one up and let you know if I have any issues. Thanks all.
I haven’t been able to track down any 220gr ammo or I would be.

OP
M
A couple buddies with modified G20s (why bother?) have had the underwood 220 HC tumbling. They both swapped barrels (again, why?) one LW and the other a KKM.

I doubt its the barrel as Hickock45 had the samething happen in his tests.

FWIW, the underwood 200g doesnt tumble in my G20SF thats stock with all but sights and a SS GR.

This is great input, I don’t see any evidence of tumbling on the paper when I shoot. But will keep an eye out. Good reason to not run the ammo. 200xp is my next preferred round, and it shoots flawlessly through the g20.

Better be careful here…I am starting to talk myself out of a new gun purchase…..

Firemedic710

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Xdm 10mm ops, got about 200 rounds through it, 50 of which are the Underwood hard casts and the extreme penetrators. Haven’t had a single problem

hartigjosh

Lil-Rokslider
I have the XDM 10mm OSP and shot underwood and various others through it. Couple hundred rounds no issues. I did however shoot those buffalo bores through it and had what looked like shavings left over in the barrel. No idea if it matters and didn't look much in to it but that's the only "thing" I have noticed.

I picked up the XDM bc I am quicker and more accurate when it counts than with my model 69 combat in .44 mag