YETI 1 Gallon Jug

The ol' 1 gallon milk jugs keep springing leaks. I need 1 gallon of water a day and I like keeping it cold, but holy smokes, they are proud of em'!

Anyone have one? Comments, complaints, or better alternatives?

Thanks.

I just use the 26 oz bottle...keep it filled with ice and refill it from gallon plastic jug. The gallon bottle filled with water is probably pushing 12lbs...

wnelson14

WKR
Just get a 2 pack Of 40oz bottles on Amazon and drink both, then one filled again.

OP
insanelupus
I just use the 26 oz bottle...keep it filled with ice and refill it from gallon plastic jug.

That's the current technique. The gallon jugs keep leaking and the water did get tepid toward the end of the day (ice in the cup eventuality melts out too) especially in hot summer months. The water jug style plastic igloo style end up leaking around the lid pretty bad.

BTW, refills aren't an option, the water I've got fior the day is the water I've got.

Just trying to find something that will stay cold and not leak all over the place. It is heavy and pricey for sure, but I'm not sure I'll find one side of the coin without the other here.

RTIC is also an option for sure I've been looking at.

OP
insanelupus
Agross, on the RTIC have hit had any issues with either of the 2 lids at all?

Agross

WKR
Nope. And as I mentioned the gallon goes with me everyday to work. I work in construction so it gets bounced around a bit. I’ve been using it for probably 4 years. If it ever fails , I’ll buy another. Most people might think the gallon is too big or a little heavy , but I need that much. My daughter loves the half gallon. I do too but it not quite enough for me in the summer.

BigNate

Lil-Rokslider
Our household has all kinds of Rtic stuff, but only one Yeti cooler (won in a drawing) , and a couple Yeti tumblers because my wife wanted her own pink ones.
There is literally no advantage to spending extra money on Yeti except for redneck street cred.

OP
insanelupus
Coopsdaddy,

Have you been able to compare it to the RTIC version? Just curious if you've had a chance to see or use them side by side and your thoughts. Thanks.

JjamesIII

WKR

The ol' 1 gallon milk jugs keep springing leaks. I need 1 gallon of water a day and I like keeping it cold, but holy smokes, they are proud of em'!

Anyone have one? Comments, complaints, or better alternatives?

Thanks.
Rtic

Another satisfied RTIC user. Keep the gallon jug with me when working beehives all summer. It holds ice all day through 90 degrees in full sun.

I have tested Yeti, OT and RTIC. There was absolutely no difference in performance. I like RTIC but even their jug is spendy for no gain.

JStol5

WKR
I have an RTIC cooler- it’s fantastic.

I heard they got sued by yeti for copying them… they did a damn good job.