YETI 1 Gallon Jug

Boonie327

FNG
image.jpg
My rtic is 3 years old and it goes with me every day wherever I go, whether I’m office or on job sites. I would replace it with another one if it fails.

Axlrod

WKR
When I was way younger working on the family ranch, we used a gallon glass jug wrapped with burlap. We would soak the burlap in the irrigation canal a couple times a day to keep the water a little cooler.

I've got the gallon Yeti, it's great for when I can't refill.

I refuse to buy Rtic or the other copies. I don't support thieves.

cmahoney

WKR
I've got the gallon Yeti, it's great for when I can't refill.

I refuse to buy Rtic or the other copies. I don't support thieves.

Yeti makes there stuff in China just like the other brands but charge 3X. Don’t the Chinese steal everything they can from our country?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scrappy

WKR
Check this out! https://a.co/d/1geMeuw

Was looking for the Ozark trails one on Amazon. They didn't have it but this one looks to be made in the same factory but with a rubber coating.

I have an RTIC cooler- it’s fantastic.

I heard they got sued by yeti for copying them… they did a damn good job.
They did get sued but that was a while ago. I bought a bunch of stuff when they had to get rid of their inventory and make changes. I bought a 65, 20 and soft 20 cooler for $175. It was a good sale.

No Coleman makes a gallon container that holds water. Which has been copied many of times. You understand exactly why I made the comment.
People saying "_____ is exactly the same but cheaper" is what I'm talking about.

I've broken enough of those Coleman ones to have spent more on them than I did my Yeti. And it keeps my water colder.

Building a better version of something isn't the same as making a copy. Research and develop, don't ripoff and duplicate.

Lawnboi

WKR
I have both the rtic and yeti gallon.

The yeti is a significantly beefier unit. The lid is insulated. The handle is beefy and the thing dosnt dent easily.

The rtic is not a bad unit either and is satisfactory. Surprisingly the lid has lasted way longer than I thought it would.

OP
insanelupus
Thank you Lawnboi. Given the price difference, if they both went away today and you were going to replace it with one jug, which would you choose?

JjamesIII

WKR
If yeti wasn’t gouging the consumer I’d support them. They didn’t invent roto-molded tech. Their research and development expenses are allocated to marketing and finding ways to influence rednecks out of their money. Good for rtic showing that they can be a viable company selling basically the same Chinese plastic coolers and stainless tumblers for half the cost. That’s marketing genius 👍🏻……but yeti does have cooler branding, so your money isn’t getting totally wasted😂.