YETI 1 Gallon Jug

BigNate

Lil-Rokslider
There are plenty of options to try. Orca coolers are great as well.

There are other companies from here in the U.S. that don't have the ad campaign that Yeti does, but offer good options.https://www.bisoncoolers.com/collections/hard-coolers/products/olive-75qt-bison-cooler

Coopsdaddy,

Have you been able to compare it to the RTIC version? Just curious if you've had a chance to see or use them side by side and your thoughts. Thanks.
Yes,coworker has one and also the ozark.
While I can tell you they all work the yeti is hands down built way tougher.Im not a yeti fanboy and think a lot of there stuff is overpriced and this maybe overpriced alittle but it’s definitely a better jug

OP
insanelupus
Ordered the RTIC. It's going to get used and beat up. At current it made more sense to me than the Yeti based on price alone.

I have a RTIC I have used for years. Off season it lives in my frig as a ice tea container. I just keep pouring tea in it and I wash it out about once a week. I originally bought to put the hull of my kayak as an emergency water solution but it was to noisey and heavy for that so I use it now for carrying water in my truck on hunts and then ice tea off season. Never used it for anything hot but imagine it would work for that. I have probably opened the top a thousand times and never had an issue or a leak.
I looked at both the yeti and the rtic before buying. While I thought the yeti design of the lid and handle was better than the rtic it was not enough for the difference in price. I have quite a few YETI and RTIC products and like them all.

maxmfs

FNG
We have Yeti, Hudroflask, Thermoflask, and Ozark Trail. All are good, though with first two, you are paying a brand name premium.

Well that's pretty cool.

You have a 20hp on it? Top speed?
I have a 20hp suzuki on it, it does about 25-26 with a light load 1-2 people. I also have an older 15hp 2stroke that pushes it 22ish. If I were buying it again right now I would probably get the 25hp yamaha. I’m actually on the lookout for a small 2stroke jet for it. It’s a great boat for what I do, I love it.

Fatcamp

WKR
I have a 20hp suzuki on it, it does about 25-26 with a light load 1-2 people. I also have an older 15hp 2stroke that pushes it 22ish. If I were buying it again right now I would probably get the 25hp yamaha. I’m actually on the lookout for a small 2stroke jet for it. It’s a great boat for what I do, I love it.

Ya, that's a cool looking tool. It doesn't fit our lives now but sure will when the kids are gone. Been looking at older Gruman Sport Boats, but this is like the modern version on steroids. We run big aluminum boats now.

As to the thread and the OP, I'm gonna order one of the RTIC gallon jugs. Looks like a nice addition to our summer stuff.

OP
insanelupus
Follow up as the OP.

I ordered the RTIC. Been using it daily for a few weeks. So far, it has met all needs and expectations.

I doubt I would have found the sane percentage of impetus performance for the extra 2.5x the purchase difference between the YETI & RTIC.

It's going to get knocked around, scuffed, maybe dented. I can readily by a second one with no regrets as a replacement if needed, and still be money ahead. Thanks for the info y'all!