YETI Tundra 75 Hard Cooler

BBob

WKR
First off why pay Yeti prices when you can get a Canyon, RTIC, etc...for far cheaper? You can get an RTIC 65 which holds equal to or more than the Yeti 75 for $240 as opposed to $450 for the Yeti. I don't find it to be overly large.

I have the Rtic 65 that I purchased when they got in trouble for copying Yeti and had to change their design a bit. They were selling for $150 back then. I have been very happy with it when going to camp (no power) for the weekend or hunting in IL and keeping it in my motel room as an extra fridge. Whatever you buy make sure it fits in whatever your going to use for transporting. The 65 just fits under my Tonneau cover in the bed of my truck

OP
SomeJackassOnAForum
First off why pay Yeti prices when you can get a Canyon, RTIC, etc...for far cheaper? You can get an RTIC 65 which holds equal to or more than the Yeti 75 for $240 as opposed to $450 for the Yeti. I don't find it to be overly large.

RTIC 65 looks to be the exact same size. When you say "not overly large" is it inconvenient to take out to the beach/lake?

Price considerations are irrelevant, purely concerned about the size and whether it's going to be impractical. Starting to think the Yeti 65 might be the size I actually need.

BBob

WKR
RTIC 65 looks to be the exact same size. When you say "not overly large" is it inconvenient to take out to the beach/lake?

Price considerations are irrelevant, purely concerned about the size and whether it's going to be impractical. Starting to think the Yeti 65 might be the size I actually need.
I have both an RTIC 65 and 45. The 65 is pretty heavy when fully loaded up but I can still hump it in and out of the back of the bed by myself. I don’t think I’d want to carry it very far all by myself though. If you are dragging it out far to the beach or a campsite I’d want two to carry. It’s the width that makes it hard over distance with your arms spread out carrying the weight. The 45 isn’t much of problem at all by myself.

I bought a Lifetime 77 quart cooler recently for around $150, and so far, I'm pretty dang impressed. It feels super heavy duty, and I put 2 bags of ice in it yesterday morning, and both bags are still in great shape. Just something to consider, though Yeti obviously makes a great cooler.

sd375

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for the RTIC 65. It’ll do everything the yeti will function wise. I’d be very cautious getting anything larger than a 65. They get darn heavy once full of ice/water/meat/etc.

RS3579

WKR
I also have the rtic 65. It s good size. Has a good bit of weight when it’s full. Very well built.

Just so you know Yeti does not rate there coolers as quarts. So a Tundra 65 is not 65 qts they are usually about 10 smaller.

Rotomolded coolers are quite heavy empty. So packing any size for much distance buy yourself is a chore.
The Tundra 45 is narrow and taller so its easier to carry without your arms spread way out. My brother had one and the lid warped and yeti didn't give a crud.

Fyi and rtic 65 is pretty large.
Rtic 45 is a good size for tons of drinks but its kind of maxed out at about 2 days if you're doing food and drinks for 2.
I really could do without my artic 45 at this point but I don't pack my coolers anywhere.

Whisky

WKR
My brother, buddy and I have a fleet of RTICs. For hunts, the 65's see the most use. We also have some 45s along most trips, as well a couple soft 30s..

For the lake, no way on a 65. For me, the only time I use my 65 is hauling groceries in the summer, where it will stay in the back of my pickup, or hunts, where it sits in the shade for the duration of the hunt and not moved. My 45 and soft 30/20 see far more general use.

BBob

WKR
My brother, buddy and I have a fleet of RTICs. For hunts, the 65's see the most use. We also have some 45s along most trips, as well a couple soft 30s..

For the lake, no way on a 65. For me, the only time I use my 65 is hauling groceries in the summer, where it will stay in the back of my pickup, or hunts, where it sits in the shade for the duration of the hunt and not moved. My 45 and soft 30/20 see far more general use.
My RTIC soft coolers have become my most often used coolers. I have a 30 and 40. If it’s just me solo for a weekend the 40 is perfect. I can make do with the 30 but the 40 makes it a little easier to load up.

X-file

Lil-Rokslider
I would seriously look at Permafrost coolers out of Belgrade,MT. I was reluctant at first when someone told me about them. But they have some nice features. Specifically the pressure relief valve. We had one out at the lake with my friends Grizzly cooler and side by side I got 2 more days out of the ice. I am very impressed with the cooler and the company. Since I got my first one, a local retailer started carrying them and they are selling as fast or faster than the yeti’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one of the early model rtic 65’s. It’s a good cooler. I don’t know about the newer models. Cordova makes good coolers too. They are manufactured in Nampa Idaho.

Sadler

WKR

Have you used the 65s for transporting elk? If you have, how many did it take? I was going to get a big 145 or 165 but those things are a pain to move around by yourself.

Whisky

WKR
Have you used the 65s for transporting elk? If you have, how many did it take? I was going to get a big 145 or 165 but those things are a pain to move around by yourself.

For elk hunts we pack dry goods in Coleman Xtreme 150s. I personally would not want to go larger than 65s in the rotomolded coolers. So with that, they would not be ideal for elk. You would need at least 3 of them I'm guessing.

TSAMP

WKR
Get on your local Craigslist and buy whichever size you find. Id certainly go 75 if buying new. Dragging either to the beach will suck. I bought a soft side Ozark trail for that purpose. My thought is If only a day cooler anyway why spend $$$ on anything fancy.

Sadler

WKR
I can fit a boned elk in 2 rtic 65s with ice
No kiddin?! That’s great to know. I thought for sure I’d need three or four.

Another positive about RTIC; I was just on their website comparing prices with everything else and they offer 10% off for military/first responder through iD.me

No kiddin?! That’s great to know. I thought for sure I’d need three or four.

Another positive about RTIC; I was just on their website comparing prices with everything else and they offer 10% off for military/first responder through iD.me
In 2019 I fit a boned cow and a bone in fork buck all in 3 Rtic 65s with a ton of ice for 5 days20191005_092521.jpg